Question

Multiple artists that I do not follow are a direct part of my stream... how can I fix this?

• 14 September 2015
  • 7 replies

I decided the other day to completely unfollow every single person I previously followed on SoundCloud. This is due to the massive amount of services that are being used to get people to download FREE DOWNLOAD tracks... (i.e. follow these 12 people, then you can have the track.)

I don't understand how I can still be seeing tracks from people that I no longer follow. Their songs/reposts are showing up in my stream, and I don't follow them! I've tried signing out/clearing cache/different browser/etc.... no luck. PLEASE HELP.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Chris,

Can you please tell me what what accounts are posting to your account that you do not follow? Remember that accounts you do follow have the option to repost tracks and these reposted tracks will show up on your account.

-Gina
Gina, I'm well aware that accounts I do not follow have the option to repost tracks from other artists. I never indicated that was my issue.

Accounts such as Major Lazer/SickStrophe are directly appearing in my feed. I do not follow them. They are NOT reposts from other artists. I want these people OUT of my feed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Gina, I'm well aware that accounts I do not follow have the option to repost tracks from other artists. I never indicated that was my issue.

Accounts such as Major Lazer/SickStrophe are directly appearing in my feed. I do not follow them. They are NOT reposts from other artists. I want these people OUT of my feed.

Hey there,
Thanks for following up on this. We are currently testing ways to increase exposure for creators in various places on the platform. Unfortunately, promoted tracks currently cannot be removed from the Stream.

This article on our help center provides further info around these tracks.

Either way, we greatly appreciate your feedback, and I will make sure to pass this on to the relevant product team on our end.

All the best,
Mathis

Dude... lol

I'm not referring to the top promoted track. Did you even look at the screenshot or read my reply? Artists that I am NOT FOLLOWING have tracks/reposts appearing in my feed. These are NOT promoted tracks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi again Chris,

Sorry about the mixup. I've looked into this again. The Major Lazer track is now showing up on your Stream because the user "Dim Mak Records" has reposted it.

Maybe this was for some reason not indicated when you took the screenshot? (The screenshot doesn't provide an indication whether or not you were following Major Lazer at the time, so there is no way for me to investigate this at this point)

I've also looked at the SickStrophe account and you don't follow this user any longer, and I also wasn't able to find the reposted tracks on your Stream any longer.

Are you still seeing tracks from users that you currently don't follow, or are things back to normal for you now?

It's not a repost from Dim Mak... unless you guys are hiding repost icons on tracks? I do follow Dim Mak, but that is a direct post from Major Lazer. I still see tracks from SickTrophe who I do not follow at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi again Chris,

Hmm, are you still seeing tracks from SickStrophe? I've looked into your stream from our end and went back ~15 days, yet wasn't able to see any of their tracks or reposts on your Stream any longer. If you still see them, please try a private browser window or a browser you normally do not use to make sure your browser isn't fetching outdated info.

Let us know how it goes.