Question

Multiple channels under one account?

• 29 October 2014
  • 11 replies

Hello all! I have a podcast and music under the same account and have an RSS feed for the account, which I am assuming lets ALL my tracks be RSS ready. I don't want to bombard my podcast listeners with my music-songs, so I was wondering if there is a possibility of curating 2 separate channels under one account.

I already have the Podcast in a different track-list, but I don't think you can subscribe/rss to only a list, or can you?

Thanks for your assistance!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Nicole,

All your tracks will be RSS ready only if you want them to be. When you go to http://soundcloud.com/settings/extra, you will have the option to check or uncheck the box at the top of the page that says "Enable podcasting for all my tracks by default." If the box is checked, all new uploads will be added to your RSS feed. Keep in mind however, this setting will only affect subsequent uploads. Changing your account's default setting will not affect the individual setting of any sound that has already been uploaded to your account.

If you wish to individually add or remove a sound from your RSS feed, go to the sound's edit page by clicking the pencil icon below the sound's waveform. On the edit page, go to the “Permissions” tab and click the circle 'Include in RSS feed":

Unfortunately it is not possible to manage multiple profiles under one account so manually opting your tracks in and out of podcasting is your only option.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you (or anyone else looking at this thread) have any further questions.

Cheers!
Gina
Hi Gina,

Brilliant!
Thank you so much! I was actually dreading managing 2 accounts, so I am extremely grateful that I can just work from my one account for all my music and podcast hosting needs! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!

With much appreciation,
Nicole
Hi Gina,

I have a similar issue.

I have tried the same thing here, but when I go to settings/extra, the only option I see is to enable HTML5 audio under the Experimental Features.

I'm wondering if you can point me in the right direction... thanks!

Mike

EDIT: Or is this something that is available only to podcasters? Just signed up for the beta this morning! How long do you think it will take?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Gina,

I have a similar issue.

I have tried the same thing here, but when I go to settings/extra, the only option I see is to enable HTML5 audio under the Experimental Features.

Mike

EDIT: Or is this something that is available only to podcasters? Just signed up for the beta this morning! How long do you think it will take?

hey@Talkhole, done - Podcasting is now enabled for your account. Please note that the setting Gina was referring to is not found in your account's settings, but in each track's edit mode.

The tracks on your account should now all be included in the RSS feed.

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Gina,

I have a similar issue.

Mike

Mathis, thank you very much for the quick response, and the clarification!
Hi Gina,

I have a similar issue.

Mike

Such a shame I can't manage multiple accounts under an 'umbrella' account. I DJ as an alter ego and I keep liking tracks on one account when I should be liking them on another!

Maybe I should just get a second laptop!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Gina,

I have a similar issue.

Mike

Hey Two Deck Charlie,

Thanks for your input. I know what you mean, been there myself - even if the topic discussed in this conversation is more in regards to Podcasting and which tracks to push through to the RSS feed. Yet, here's what I do - I either use Safari for one, Chrome for the other account, or use Chrome's incognito mode to get around this.
So it costs 250 dollars per year if I want to have pro access to soundcloud for two accounts? That is really ridiculous!
So it costs 250 dollars per year if I want to have pro access to soundcloud for two accounts? That is really ridiculous!

I agree. SoundCloud should enable multiple channels functionality. Just to advise to open a completely new account using alternate email is a joke. First, it's a headache. Just to switch between two accounts is kind of ... silly. Second, to pay twice for pro account is a bit too much. And third, and forth and so forth.

Please, listen to users. We need multiple channels - that's a reality.

Thanks
I have a more extreme version of the same problem. I need to create 16 independent podcast channels under a single account, for language learning materials that are customised for kinship (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Aboriginal_kinship#Kunwinjku). Each channel will contain the same series of programs, but each program is tweaked slightly, depending on the "skin name" of the listener, since this has pervasive effects on how you address other people. For each lesson, I'll have a master recording, and an automatic way of generating 16 versions by patching in the required address terms. A listener will only sign up to a single channel, depending on their skin name. Please tell me how to have 16 independent podcast channels under a single soundcloud account, thanks!
I have a more extreme version of the same problem. I need to create 16 independent podcast channels under a single account, for language learning materials that are customised for kinship (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Aboriginal_kinship#Kunwinjku). Each channel will contain the same series of programs, but each program is tweaked slightly, depending on the "skin name" of the listener, since this has pervasive effects on how you address other people. For each lesson, I'll have a master recording, and an automatic way of generating 16 versions by patching in the required address terms. A listener will only sign up to a single channel, depending on their skin name. Please tell me how to have 16 independent podcast channels under a single soundcloud account, thanks! - your project sounds amazing Steve; plz msg me towalkintwoworlds@gmail.com