My likes have disappeared / tracks have disappeared from my playlist(s) - what happened?

• 17 September 2015
  • 249 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

Many of you have reported that tracks you had previously liked all of a sudden disappeared from your Likes pages.

Similarly, tracks that you had added to a playlists before suddenly went missing.

There are three main reasons for tracks to disappear from your likes or from playlists:

1. The track is made private (even if it is made public again at a later point, it won’t be added to your likes automatically again)
  2. The user who uploaded the track deleted it.
  3. The track got blocked due to copyrights.
However, these reasons did not seem to verify the high number of tracks seemingly disappearing. Hence, moving forward, our developers will be investigating and look for possible bugs.

In the meantime, you can help us by providing URLs & titles of the tracks that you have previously liked or added to playlists, but that are not in your likes or in your playlists any longer. We realize this might not be the easiest thing to do. (adding the tracks to both a specific playlist and to your likes might help).

Also, when you report tracks here, please make sure to let us know what operating system and browser or app you used to add the likes and tracks that went missing.

Thank you very much for you help and ongoing assistance, it is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Mathis

249 replies

Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Likes have disappeared along with people followed. What gives? How do I restor....

My Likes have disappeared. I had about 100 songs that I had liked, I signed on today and there's no songs in my likes the people that I'm following have also vanished. My playlist that contains about 25% of the tracks that i had liked and is still here and sitting under "Playlists", What gives? Any way to restore my likes and people followed?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My likes have disappeared.

My last 10 to 15 likes have disappeared. they are not showing in the likes.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Likes Disappearing after editing track & unreasonable pro icon in track detail sc....

I have been confused by 2 problems on SoundCloud lately.

The first one is that when I edit a description on the existing track, the like counter seems to be reset - I'm not big on SC, therefore I'm not sure if it's reset to 0 or just some part of the like on my track was blown up, but I'm sure it's glitching out. Detailed stats have the same (glitched) figure. What is going on here?

Secondly, when I visit my track detail page, strangely I found a pro icon next to my name. However I have never subscribed to the pro plan before, so I'm little anxious about this.

If you need more information please ask me - thank you!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled All the songs of my playlist gone.

A playlist which is actually private, has no more tracks in int... There were over +500
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Half of playlist disapppered.

I had a playlist with 450 tracks and now the list only has the first 200 tracks, 250 have disappeared. The tracks that have disappeared are still available on soundcloud. Is this possibly a bug? Is there a way to get back the track lost.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Playlist deleted + songs randomly deleted from playlists.

Hey Soundcloud !

I have some problems with my playlists,
actually, when i create one, i can add like 50 songs in a small amount of time, and, often, when i do this, one hour or two after the creation of the playlist, approximately 10 or 15 songs have randomly been deleted from it !

I also have an entire playlist that disappeared with no reason,

do you have any tips to make this works better ?

Sorry if my english isn't the best, cheers !
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Playlist.

i have just added above 100 track to my list and suddenly there is only 39 !!!!
I have the same problem and i'm terribly disappointed of the service.
Some like's track i can find in my share on facebook, but how can i find other?

https://soundcloud.com/yanacloud-1/you-will-never-know-imany as example
Hi there I hit 250,000 plays last night. I have nver bought plays, every single one was from a fan, this morning I dropped down to 237,000 it makes no sense at all. I was going to have a party for 250,000 and now i'm just confused and sad.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled playlists not showing all songs and some songs been deleted.

Hi, so about three weeks ago I noticed that when I was on my friends phone on their soundcloud you couldnt see all of my tracks on my playlist
I looked at my phone and it said there was maybe 54 tracks on a playlist but when I went into playlist there was about 200 in there. I tried following some advice from the web ny logging in and out and uninstalling etc. Once I did this the songs actually totally dissapeared. This made me sad but I just decided to start adding again and refinding my lost tracks. Ive noticed again today that if I add a new sound to a playlist the count doesnt go up but when I go into playlist it is there. If I refresh the play lists the amount gors up to 112 which it should be but then a second later goes back to 54. My followers can also only see 54 tracks in one playlist and only 1 track in another. Its really frustrating and im scared I will lose all my hours finding sounds again. Please help me????
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my reposts disapeared.

Hi,
all of my reposts just disapeared in a minute, I think it's a bug, is it possible to have them back ? thank you
our home page says "You haven’t shared any sounds.". we have over 20 mixes up. where r they?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Keep loosing likes.

Yesterday I liked about 20 songs from a new mix that came out. I liked them from my laptop. When I went to play them on my phone none of them were there. I was actually missing a few ones I liked before that. Then later I went back to my computer and they were all gone plus a few others I had liked. Really took me a long time to find all of them Its extremely frustrating to look them all up again.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Recovering the names of deleted soundtracks in playlists?.

Hey,

ever since i started using soundcloud, I've noticed that from time to time some soundtracks go missing from my playlist. Now i know they might have been deleted, set to private or Soundcloud deleted them due to copyright infringements, which i totally understand.
On the other hand, users put soundtracks into playlists for a reason; because they like them. Now my question is, is there a way to recover the names of the deleted soundtracks (or a list of every song ever added to a playlist) so I can listen to these songs again via the official, copyright holding channels?
I find it very annoying that every so often songs that i really like just dissapear on me. With youtube for example, deleted songs from your playlists still get a message saying "(title of video) was deleted" or something similar.

Kind regards.
I've lost 100-200 likes on my page in the last few days. I've had no copyright issues or anything to date. https://soundcloud.com/adamfreemer
I've lost over 10 of my past likes and I really need them back! I dont remember what they were all called, but I remember that I was really diggin those songs.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why were the songs on my playlists suddenly deleted?.

This constantly happens and if it happens again I'm quitting Soundcloud. I have a few playlists and every once in a while multiple songs get deleted. I know it isn't a copyright issue because I can find the same exact songs again by searching them up. It is very irritating when out of nowhere the 2 most recent songs that I have added suddenly disappear.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What i see on my phone i cant see on my desktop and other people phones.

Hi, so about three weeks ago I noticed that when I was on my friends phone on their soundcloud you couldnt see all of my tracks on my playlist
I looked at my phone and it said there was maybe 54 tracks on a playlist but when I went into playlist there was about 200 in there. I tried following some advice from the web ny logging in and out and uninstalling etc. Once I did this the songs actually totally dissapeared. This made me sad but I just decided to start adding again and refinding my lost tracks. Ive noticed again today that if I add a new sound to a playlist the count doesnt go up but when I go into playlist it is there. If I refresh the play lists the amount gors up to 112 which it should be but then a second later goes back to 54. My followers can also only see 54 tracks in one playlist and only 1 track in another. Its really frustrating and im scared I will lose all my hours finding sounds again. Please help me????
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Lost music after a refresh?!.

I went to my playlist, saw there were about 75 songs, hit refresh, then read that there are only 45 songs now. Two problems:

1. The browser version never syncs. I always have 45 songs- it never updates information from the app. This is incredibly irritating.

2. Where did my 20 songs go? No way I can remember what all they were. How can I get them back?!

SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH SYNC SETTINGS. ***DO NOT REFRESH YOUR APP PLAYLISTS*****
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Uploads disappeared in recent feed after adding to playlists.

How to get my new uploads back in "recent" feed after adding it to playlist? Never had this problem before new playlist interface started.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why does my music keep dissapearing? ?? over 400 songs are just gone.
so SoundCloud does not know why this is happening? ? this is nothing new it's been happening to me for over a year now if I add up how many songs have disappeared It would be in the thousands. this is the first time I complained but it's starting to really aggravate. I really like SC and don't want to stop using it but will do if it keeps happening
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HELP! Why does my track not appear in playlist? It played fine earlier, but now ....

Track does not appear in playlist!
This same thing just happened to me today. All of my songs are gone and I can't even search for songs because nothing appears. Not even my stream will work. Essentially its like the app has no songs on it at all. I'm on IOS 9.2 IPhone 6. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Over half of my likes are gone in my "Collection" but the songs are still on Soun....

On the app, it says that I have 164 liked tracks on my "Liked" page, which I spent time accumulating over the past 3 months, but there are only 50 songs actually shown in the list. The same thing happens online except it's different songs. Additionally, the order used to be by when I liked them and now it's all scrambled. A song I liked yesterday is at the very bottom. A song I liked over a month ago is at the top whereas before it was all in chronological order from recent to last liked.

I have found many of the songs on their respective pages and it still says that I "like" them. If I unlilke and then re-like, they'll show up in my "Liked" collection. So I started doing that. THEN SoundCloud warned me that I was liking too much and making the site less genuine and if I didn't stop, my abilities to like would be restricted. I was only doing that because the site and app both are not showing all of the songs I have in fact liked. That's really irritating.

I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it. Didn't fix it. I cleared the cache, logged out, restarted my phone, logged back in. Not fixed. I have recently gotten really into finding new music on this site and thoroughly enjoy it. Thus, it's really annoying when more than half of the songs I liked just disappear from my "Liked" collection even though they are still on the site and then I am not even allowed to go unlike and re-like them again in order to make them show up.

PLEASE FIX THIS.