Question

"New Notification" Icon keeps appearing, without any new notifications.

• 29 September 2017
  • 7 replies

First of all, I want to say that I contacted Soundcloud about this a year or so go, I was told they were working on it and gave me some instructions on possible solutions to do on my browser meanwhile, but this happens on any computer that I log onto. The problem isn't on my side and was never resolved.

I created my Soundcloud account a year or so as well, as soon after I created it, for some odd reason, I got a follower. The next day I noticed the same orange circle above the notifications bell, and when I clicked it, there was nothing new there, just the same follower from the previous day. I didn't think much of it, and the day after that the icon was there again. I had a second follower, so again, I didn't think much of it. But after that it appeared again, and again, and again, every day that I come on soundcloud that icon is always there, yet there is nothing whatsoever new on those notifications, only those same 2 followers that I got 9~10 months ago.

Now, I know this is something minor, but I've been starting to ignore said icon, what if something that I actually care about or is important for me pops up there? What if I ignore that thing simply because of some dumb error that isn't being fixed?
All I want is for this to be looked at, I only want that icon there when there are actually new notifications for me.

7 replies

I have the same problem also.
Me too
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Me too. I always log out of my account when I'm not using it and have Firefox set to clear my cache and cookies whenever I close it so I get similar reminders on other sites too. I'm guessing this doesn't happen to people permanently signed-in.
Me too. I always log out of my account when I'm not using it and have Firefox set to clear my cache and cookies whenever I close it so I get similar reminders on other sites too. I'm guessing this doesn't happen to people permanently signed-in.

I'm permanently signed-in...
Using Firefox too, have hundreds of tabs open. And when I shut down firefox and restart, Firefox will reopen all those tabs.
My account has the same problem too. It doesn't matter which browser I use. It's really annoying.
Same here - tried Chrome and Firefox with the same results, orange dot indicating new notifications and there's nothing new.
yeah, I have the exact same issue and it has persisted for a while.

I have one theory on it but cant confirm yet, maybe it happens when someone follows us but then unfollows us shortly after. But, when we login, it shows that dot that is probably being cached somwhere.

Next time this happens I will reload the page and inspect caching for that element. Will share notes here if I find something.