Question

No Airplay from Safari 10.0.2

• 17 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi
after upgrading Safari to version 10.0.2 a couple of days ago, I am no longer able to stream Soundcloud via Airplay (I choose the output device with Alt-Click on the sound icon in the menu bar).
All I get is constant clicking/buffering noise, as if it were connecting and then immediately dropping. With some songs it managed to play one second of music, which then got stuck on repeat like a jammed CD.

Youtube seems to work fine with Airplay on Safari, and Soundcloud streams without problems from Firefox.

Anybody else have this issue? Any ideas on how to solve this? I've tried emptying the Safari cache, but it didn't help.

2 replies

Hey guy/gal, did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same exact issue as you. It's incredibly annoying. A temporary fix I found is that if I opt-click on the sound icon in the menu bar and switch to internal speakers, then press play on the song on soundcloud, then opt-click again to switch back to airplay (while the beginning of the song is playing, it'll sometimes work, but only for that song.

I'm on Safari 10.0.3 now and still have the problem. I'm hoping maybe you found a solution.

Thanks,
Johnny
Hey Johnny

Nope, still stuck... I gave up and switched to Firefox for SoundCloud.
Hopefully it will get fixed in the next update.

Regards
P.