Answered

No content available at all ONLY when signed in - Sorry Something Went Wrong EVERYWHERE

• 26 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Earlier today, Soundcloud on Chrome on my work PC stopped working mid-song. Then all content and tracks disappeared. I still see the structure of the site except anywhere where a track might be, it's blank with the message "Sorry, something went wrong" [Retry]. My stream, likes, playlists, search results, side bar modules, individual artists pages - all blank with that same message. Occasionally I'll get a message saying "Your network connection seems to be disabled. Please check and retry." At home I tried again on my home PC on Firefox and Chrome. Same issues.

My connection is fine. I tried clearing cache, restarting, resigning in, restarting my PC, even deleting Windows CRL and OCSP cache, which I read may help. Still the same issues.

The crazy thing is when I sign out I see and can play tracks as you'd expect! I can even find my own profile and listen to my playlists and likes that way.

On the Soundcloud app on my iPhone, I could see tracks, but nothing was updating. I tried signing out and in, but now my password is not being accepted. (I know it's right because I just used it multiple times to sign in on my browsers.) The message it gives me is "Login error - There was an error logging you in. Try signing in again." So now I'm locked out of that.

What the hell is happening? I can't find anything on this. In case it matters, I'm a Soundcloud Go paying member.
icon

Best answer by GarrettSchultz 29 January 2017, 05:03

I figured it out. I had Soundcloud Go active, but for some reason it got turned off. Not sure if my payment info broke or there was a glitch in the SC GO system. I just had to re-sign up for it with new payment info and now I'm good.

Strange bug in their system that it'd make my account completely unusable instead of just going back to normal with ads.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

I figured it out. I had Soundcloud Go active, but for some reason it got turned off. Not sure if my payment info broke or there was a glitch in the SC GO system. I just had to re-sign up for it with new payment info and now I'm good.

Strange bug in their system that it'd make my account completely unusable instead of just going back to normal with ads.