Solved

No sound when opening in new tab

I can play from soundcloud no problem. But when I open Soundcloud in a new tab, no sound will play. Even if I pause what's playing in the original soundcloud tab, there is still just silence when the new track plays in the new tab. The track will show the timer counting as if it is playing, but no sound. I have to close my original tab, then reload the new tab to hear something. It seems to only be a problem with Chrome. but every other website works except Soundcloud.
icon

Best answer by KrisMortonMusic 9 March 2018, 06:48

had the mute button on new tabs for some reason... figured it out.. but don't know ow to delete this

View original

5 replies

had the mute button on new tabs for some reason... figured it out.. but don't know ow to delete this
I also have this problem recently with Google Chrome. When I have one tab playing music, no problem. But when I open another tab with Soundcloud, I press play, time counter works but no sound. Even when I refresh the new tab, still no sound...

Is this a bug?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @DJ U.S.N.,

Hmm, shouldn't be a bug actually. Try and see if the behavior is similar when you do this in an incognito browser window, and clear your cache & cookies if this helps. Also, if you have any extensions installed on your browser, (Adblock, HTTPS Everywhere etc.), try disabling these to see if it makes a difference.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi, how did you fix this issue?

Have exactly what you are describing and cannot figure it out!
Hi, how did you fix this issue?

Have exactly what you are describing and cannot figure it out!

I cleared all the soundcloud cookies and data from my firefox, and it worked.