Question

Not able to send private track in a message.

• 3 September 2015
  • 9 replies

when sending a private track in a message (I send from one account of mine to another) I can't see the track. For example if I send only the link to the track the message appears empty. I can see the address of the link on the sidebar but the message itself is empty. It's as if Soundcloud tries to load the track but nothing happens. I've tried different browsers and machines (computer, ipad...) Thanks for your help!

9 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Private songs in Messages have disappeared.

Hi, I have been sending songs privately to a friend for a couple of months and all has been ok. But recently when ever he replies with one of his private songs it doesn't show - however if I play an earlier song within messages and allow it to finish it will continue and find the next song that was sent.
Many of my earlier private songs in messages are not showing but are 'there' if I use the process above.
Hope that makes sense! (I'm running Windows 8 with or without Chrome)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this on our help forum. I've been able to reproduce this on my end as well and have reached out to our developers about this and they are currently looking into this. We're hoping this can be fixed soon.

The secret link should not be affected by that bug though, so sending this to your peers should let them access and play the track just fine actually.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
This is happening to my friend and I. We have been working together on remixes. When we upload the parts we worked on and set them as private tracks and then try to send them to each other with sondcloud messaging, you can see the link for a brief second as the page loads, but then it disappears.
Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this on our help forum. I've been able to reproduce this on my end as well and have reached out to our developers about this and they are currently looking into this. We're hoping this can be fixed soon.

The secret link should not be affected by that bug though, so sending this to your peers should let them access and play the track just fine actually.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

I tried sharing one just now using the secret link, instead of using the add a track feature. It's not working.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Private Share Links Are Invisible In SoundCloud Messaging Feature.

A very large number of SoundCloud collaborators rely on sharing private tracks in the "Message" feature to facilitate music creation. Within the last week, a glitch or bug in the "Message" feature has made it impossible to share private tracks with other users, with private share links being mysteriously erased from user messages. Please address this issue promptly.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Private tracks that are sent to me by others are not showing.

It seems that the private tracks that people on soundcloud share with me in the message section are not appearing in my inbox. Somehow they can see them in the message line but I can't. Any idea why this is? They stipulate that they haven't removed the track. This is a problem when they like me to download it for collaboration.
Intrigued to hear your ideas on the issue.

Dan
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Private tracks that are sent to me by others are not showing.

It seems that the private tracks that people on soundcloud share with me in the message section are not appearing in my inbox. Somehow they can see them in the message line but I can't. Any idea why this is? They stipulate that they haven't removed the track. This is a problem when they like me to download it for collaboration.
Intrigued to hear your ideas on the issue.

Dan
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continuous patience while this is being looked into.

In the meantime, you can either send out the secret link via email (sending it via the messaging system unfortunately does not work, as the system is trying to transcode this into the waveform immediately), or you can create a secret playlist to which you add the private track, then send out the secret playlist.

This sure is not a solution, just a workaround. However, it should do the trick until this issue is resolved from our end.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

UPDATE: We've just been informed by our developers that a fix for this issue was deployed, so the feature is working properly again. Private tracks that you have shared before will also show properly now.

Thank you again for reporting this issue on our forum, and for your patience until this could be fixed.

Happy messaging 🙂