Question

Not finding my account when I search for it on SoundCloud!?

• 17 October 2018
  • 7 replies

I'm sure this isn't normal, so I had to say something, hopefully someone is able to help soon! My issue is as follows; I log off my main SoundCloud account, then log onto an alt and search my own name in "people" the results show nothing at all. I check my spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and the works, then re-search it. Still nothing. I literally go back to my page, copy my name, and paste it into the search bar... Still nothing shows up.

Not sure if this is happening because my page is so small, but even if it is for that reason, how is a dude suppose to get views if no one can look him up? 😥

My profile

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
You are just searching for the word "The"???????? It is a word that is usually filtered out by search engines. If not you'd be getting the thousands and thousands of bands and artists who use the prefix "The" and you might show up on page 739.
You are just searching for the word "The"???????? It is a word that is usually filtered out by search engines.
Yes I am just searching for The, not on google though (or any external search engine), I'm using the basic SoundCloud search specifically. Unless you were preferring to that as well, then I guess I'll have to change my name?

If not you'd be getting the thousands and thousands of bands and artists who use the prefix "The" and you might show up on page 739.

I thought the same thing, that's why I narrowed down the results to People, but still nothing at all came up, like not even other artist or bands. Now sure I haven't checked the entirety of Everything but I'm about 50% sure I wouldn't be there, sense when I search for my name it says "Found 500+ tracks, 500+ playlists" and nothing about a person or people is metioned.
Userlevel 2
Maybe call yourself: The Artist Currently Known As The.
Maybe call yourself: The Artist Currently Known As The.
That's actually not a bad idea. But then I would have to make myself a symbol and what not... Which kind of seems like a lot of work, with a little pay off.

But if push comes to shove, I might actually do it!
I’m having the same problem. I look up my exact @ which is @wireonemusic and nothing comes up. It never has. As someone who is using this profile to spread my music with others in my college, this is a serious issue that’s been plaguing me for years. Please help.
@Wire One well @Eve Harkness gave me a good temporary solution, basically just changing your name. Which is something I didn't like, but that probably is the best thing to do until someone comes through with a better answer. 😥
I already did today and it didn’t work.