Answered

not finding my Soundcloud-Profile, when searching for it.

• 10 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello Guys

Yesterday i was searching for my Soundcloud-profile on my girlfriends computer, but i wasn´t able to finde it when i searched for it in the Soundcloud search engine. But when i but my name after: www.soundcloud.com/... i can find it.

Have any of you got an idea why i can´t find it?

Leander
icon

Best answer by Navid 20 September 2018, 16:43

Hey there, LeanderKronos

Perhaps the following info might shed some light to your question which should help to alleviate your concerns regarding search results.

Our search relies on an algorithm called ‘Discoranking’ (which stands for “Discovery Ranking”) which returns the most popular results first. Discoranking pulls the search results based upon a variety of variables including the wording of your search and the popularity of profiles.

Each track and artist has a "DiscoRank" that is automatically calculated using a wide variety of factors. These include, but are not limited to; the number of likes, reposts, and followers associated with specific tracks and accounts. Not only does the number of your own followers give you a higher DiscoRank-- our algorithm also considers how many followers your followers have and so on. The more “influential” the network of followers you are associated with, the higher your DiscoRank will be. As you can imagine, this network could go on forever!

All of these factors work together to give the most popular and relevant results for a search.

It is important to note that an account’s Display Name is just one of many variables which affect your position within search results; your popularity remains the dominant factor in Discoranking algorithms.

I hope this allows you to understand the search results you're seeing more comprehensively.

Cheers,
Navid
View original

5 replies

my URL is: https://soundcloud.com/leanderkronos
Userlevel 1
You've just got Kronos as your user name and there are 500+ profiles with that name. Maybe add Leander to your profile name because the search engine isn't going to be searching through fragments of URLs.
Thanks for your Reply. Ill do That:)
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey there, LeanderKronos

Perhaps the following info might shed some light to your question which should help to alleviate your concerns regarding search results.

Our search relies on an algorithm called ‘Discoranking’ (which stands for “Discovery Ranking”) which returns the most popular results first. Discoranking pulls the search results based upon a variety of variables including the wording of your search and the popularity of profiles.

Each track and artist has a "DiscoRank" that is automatically calculated using a wide variety of factors. These include, but are not limited to; the number of likes, reposts, and followers associated with specific tracks and accounts. Not only does the number of your own followers give you a higher DiscoRank-- our algorithm also considers how many followers your followers have and so on. The more “influential” the network of followers you are associated with, the higher your DiscoRank will be. As you can imagine, this network could go on forever!

All of these factors work together to give the most popular and relevant results for a search.

It is important to note that an account’s Display Name is just one of many variables which affect your position within search results; your popularity remains the dominant factor in Discoranking algorithms.

I hope this allows you to understand the search results you're seeing more comprehensively.

Cheers,
Navid
I have a similar problem. My url is soundcloud.com/trulyhans but when i search trulyhans in soundcloud, nothing shows up. If i search truly hans with a space in between, my profile comes up, but i don't want this to happen, i want it to show up when i search trulyhans. I double checked and the url is exactly trulyhans without any space or hyphen in it. How can i make my account show up when i search trulyhans in soundcloud?