Question

Only crackling noise in Windows 10 Beta App when using Logitech G933 with Logitech Gaming Software

Userlevel 1
Hi, I am not sure if this is a Logitech or Soundcloud related problem and I hope someone can reproduce it.
I am using the Logitech G933 wireless headset and the Soundcloud Windows 10 Beta App.
The app works fine when I use the default drivers for the headset, without installing the Logitech Gaming Software (https://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lgs, version 8.94.92). When I install the software I can't listen to music via the Soundcloud app anymore because I only get a craclking noise or nothing at all. The app will still work through other speakers on my pc (using a different sound output) and the headset will still work with other desktop Software and Windows 10 apps.
I already tried disabling all sound improvements and surround sound settings in the LGS but it didn't help.
When I uninstall the LGS, it works fine again.

Can you take a look at this issue, or is this most likely a Logitech driver problem?

4 replies

The same shit with me. With Logitech G533
Same problem here with the G633 USB headset. did not try it without the software. could it be a problem with USB headsets in generall? Or is it just a problem with the Logitech drivers?

wow the posts is 9 months old..and this issue is not fixed..not good..
I'm using a Logitech G633 headset. This isn't a crackling noise issue, but may be related to my issue of no sound at all. Here's what I've been bumping in various threads: The only hack I know so far is to make sure the headset is unplugged before opening the app. Once open, I can begin playing a song. Once the song is playing, I can plug my headset back in and when Windows transfers the sound to the headset, I can hear the song, adjust volume, etc. However, trying to click on another song will result in no sound again, and may even cause the app to crash. I've tried fiddling with switching the audio source from the system tray, unplugging/plugging while the app is open, etc. I don't know if it's just my headset make and model, but it seems like maybe it's a driver issue with the app? Let's get a repair going, Soundcloud! It's time for this app to move out of beta... 😒
Farbklex same issue here with my Logitech G430 headset. Haven't had any problems with the soundcloud for windows beta until I got this headset. Headset sounds great when Im using any other music player... so Im guessing this is a soundcloud issue??