Question

paused because started playing on another device

Soundcloud on my Windows 8.1 laptop keeps pausing during tracks with notice box stating: " paused because you started playing on another device". Is this because of a mobile phone app playing on the same account as my home laptop? Or my girlfriends phone using the same account? So as to say, can you only have one device playing any one soundcloud account at a time?

15 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey!
You can listen music in One device Only. If you are playing a track on one device, and try to play a track on another device that you are signed into, your first device will stop playing and you will see a notification.

Good Luck, Jack.
Why is this? I've never had this problem before???
This seriously will cause me to cancel my paid pro subscription. We use Soundcloud to collaborate and all share the same band account since private sharing is such a mess.
what is this ? never heard about that problem !!!!
Why is this? I've never had this problem before???
hi m8, do you have a solution for the problem ?
I didn't have a problem with it until recently... in fact in the past, I purposely ran my account on as many devices as I could, simultaneously, to make sure I could and didn't have this problem. They changed something recently.
This was answered.... But not fixed.. : ( My brother and I share an account and listen music at the same time. Recently, have encountered this problem and it's VERY annoying. I *could* make a different account, but then I won't have easy direct access to my likes, private tracks etc...

It would be a good idea to add an option in settings that would toggle this option on/off. Maybe it's a useful feature to some people, but definitely not for me (nor for these creatures up here^^)

Thanks.
Hey!
You can listen music in One device Only. If you are playing a track on one device, and try to play a track on another device that you are signed into, your first device will stop playing and you will see a notification.

Good Luck, Jack.

But.... I don't want this to happen. : / Any way I, as a user can turn it off?

At least explain to me the reasoning behind implementing this tactic?
Same problem.

This seems very strange decision considering that the platform is used not only by lone sociopaths indivual artists but also the bands ...
This was answered.... But not fixed.. : ( My brother and I share an account and listen music at the same time. Recently, have encountered this problem and it's VERY annoying. I *could* make a different account, but then I won't have easy direct access to my likes, private tracks etc...

It would be a good idea to add an option in settings that would toggle this option on/off. Maybe it's a useful feature to some people, but definitely not for me (nor for these creatures up here^^)

Thanks.

God This is exactly same situation as me and my brother
Why????

I have never encountered this issue before.

I use the same account @Work as @Home.

@Work I like the tracks that i want to hear at home again... but now someone @Home is listening to Soundcloud also... and you guess what happens...

My home theater PC is connected to the same Soundcloud account and there is a good reason why I want to do that.

So please make this configurable! Or at least allow 2 devices.

Ps. In chrome you do not see the message about 'pausing', so first I was... WTF why is it stopping every 10sec.
I think my daughter thinks the same @Home.
I think the logic behind this would be a new function that would be able to switch playing between several devices. For example you wanna start playing frkm your phone but the sound system is connected to the computer.
I was having this same problem as well. I have found a workaround but I am not sure if it is the best solution. For my problem, I listen to SC on my phone in the car and then I listen on my work station at work. But I was getting that error message on my computer saying that music was playing on another device (even though I had closed the app on my phone). If you go to the settings option next to your profile and scroll down to where it says "Connected Applications" you will see all of the devices that are currently linked to your account. You have the option to enable or disable all of those so for me, I just disconnected mobile for the time being and it has been fine. I will have to enable the function again on my way back home but hey, it is something. I am not sure if you could do this for the same device (i.e. two mobile phones) but what you could do is create a second profile and search for your original account to listen to the likes. I believe the original intention is that an account is for a singular person so why would they be listening on two devices at the same time. Hope this helps somebody!
And just a follow up, it looks like you can have multiple log in accounts connected to one account so that is another option that you can try. Good luck!
First, I NEVER SIGNED ONTO ANOTHER DEVICE. I tried to at school, but didn't work. So I made another account. Now I can't log into SoundCloud from my phone.