Question

Playlist release date AND buy link issue

• 30 September 2015
  • 6 replies

First to address the OLD problem

There was an issue I have been having for weeks with the "release date" always displaying the date prior to the date I input.
This issue was previously addressed here: https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/why-does-soundcloud-change-my-release-date
This issue was still consistent, however now it's changed. After the new editing interface update, ALL of my release dates, buy links, and catalogue numbers have been erased. Clearly the catalogue number section is gone completely, so that explains that.

So the obvious solution to this is to suck it up, and re-input those release dates and iTunes buy links into my 50+ playlists. Tedious and time consuming, but doable. In the midst of doing this, I had encountered yet ANOTHER problem.

Now the NEW problem.
After inputting the new buy links and release dates, and clicking the orange "save changes" button, both the buy link AND the CORRECT (originally typed) release date display on the playlist page in the description. However, the success is short lived. Once I leave the page and return to it (or refresh it), I discover the buy link is missing, and the release date is turned back a day, like usual.

I go to see where the data I had just typed in was. They were gone. The buy link and release date had disappeared from BOTH the editing page and the playlist page. In some instances, they may both remain on the playlist page, which is visible to all users, but never stay on the editing page (only visible by me) post refresh.

I had this release date/buy link disappearing problem before the update, along with the label and catalogue number as well (basically all that displayed was the basic information). I failed to report it because it was only on occasion, and I didn't want to seem rude or selfish and pushy. I figured these bugs would be worked out at another time (or so i hypothesized).
I was mostly contempt with these issues because of the fact that they were not disappearing from the editing page where you actually type in the information (not to be confused with the playlist page). Basically, because the information still existed on the editing page, assuming this issue were to be fixed in the near future, I predicted it would reappear onto the playlist page in due time (according to my hypothesis), and bygones would be bygones.

Finally, it might be worth mentioning that any of the playlists that were able to display the release date and buy link are still displaying them on their playlist pages. Hypothetically, if I were to never edit any of them again, they would most likely remain there. This of course is not the case.

I apologize if this comes off as offensive, and if the information seems overwhelming or useless. This is only to prevent confusion and clarify every aspect of my issue as descriptively as possible.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi JB,

Thank you for writing in about this and I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. The release date issue you are experiencing is because the time is set to GMT and I am guessing you are possibly not in GMT timezone, is this correct? Also, our Creator's team just released a fix for issues with Buy links on playlists this morning. Can you refresh your window and see if the issue is resolved?

Let me know, thanks!
Gina
Hi Gina,

Thank you for your sympathy and informative reply. I'm relieved to inform you that the fix was an absolute success for the Buy links. Not only are they displaying on the playlist page itself, they're also reappearing on all of their editing pages accordingly. It looks like things are there for good this time and I am most appreciative.

Nothing has changed in regards to the release dates. They are still disappearing from the editing page, but not the playlist page (after the refresh). I am on the EST timezone. Is this issue related to the old issue where dates were being set a day before the originally typed date because of time zone differences? Also, is there anything you think I may be doing wrong on my end?

Thanks again for the feedback
JB
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Gina,

Thank you for your sympathy and informative reply. I'm relieved to inform you that the fix was an absolute success for the Buy links. Not only are they displaying on the playlist page itself, they're also reappearing on all of their editing pages accordingly. It looks like things are there for good this time and I am most appreciative.

Nothing has changed in regards to the release dates. They are still disappearing from the editing page, but not the playlist page (after the refresh). I am on the EST timezone. Is this issue related to the old issue where dates were being set a day before the originally typed date because of time zone differences? Also, is there anything you think I may be doing wrong on my end?

Thanks again for the feedback
JB

Hey JB,

Happy we killed one pain point for you. Now for the other, i'd like to try and reproduce the error. Can you give me an example track and the release date you wish to have attached to that track? I'll access your account from my end and see if the change sticks.

Thanks again for your patience!
Gina
I don't currently have any tracks uploaded and in turn none to provide for you. I can supply a link to a playlist where the release date is erasing from the editing page (post refresh) and not the playlist page itself. This one is "Summer's Gone" by ODESZA:

https://soundcloud.com/johnny-esko/sets/summers-gone

The actual release date is September 2, 2012 (02/09/12), which is what I input into the box. After refreshing, I'm reading "1 September 2012" on the playlist page, which is because of the time zone issue, and on the editing page it's blank. It asks for me to input a release date as if I hadn't done it before.

All help is much appreciated. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I don't currently have any tracks uploaded and in turn none to provide for you. I can supply a link to a playlist where the release date is erasing from the editing page (post refresh) and not the playlist page itself. This one is "Summer's Gone" by ODESZA:

https://soundcloud.com/johnny-esko/sets/summers-gone

The actual release date is September 2, 2012 (02/09/12), which is what I input into the box. After refreshing, I'm reading "1 September 2012" on the playlist page, which is because of the time zone issue, and on the editing page it's blank. It asks for me to input a release date as if I hadn't done it before.

All help is much appreciated. Thanks

Hi there JB Esco,

Just wanted to let you know that we have reached out to our engineers about the issue with the release date again and will continue communication on the topic on the convo that you referred to before. (i.e., this one.)

All the best,
Mathis
Userlevel 1

The release date bug has apparently existed for over 4 years. Still here in 2020. Pretty funny if it weren’t so annoying and pitiful that it hasn’t been fixed yet.