Question

Playlists not loading on profile:

• 17 April 2015
  • 7 replies

I've been told by numerous followers that my profile and playlists do not load at all on the mobile app, they see "Soundcloud Isn't Responding" and that only the first five or six playlists load while on a PC using a web browser.
However, my profile and playlists load perfectly fine for me on my mobile app, but I get the same issue while on a PC, only a first several load.
I am wondering if it is an issue with having too many playlists and/or too many songs in the playlists? Any Thoughts?
(I do not have any uploaded music, only curated playlists)

7 replies

*bump*
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

Can you please give me a link to the playlist and/or your profile so that I can see if it renders ok for me?

Thanks!
Gina
Yes, absolutely:
www.soundcloud.com/plurbully
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

Unfortunately I was able to duplicate the problem that your profile will not render on my Android. The good news (well sort of) is that you are not alone. It appears we are having many similar affected profiles on mobile. Our mobile engineers are having a look into it. I appreciate your patience while we investigate the issue.

Best,
Gina
Hi there,

Unfortunately I was able to duplicate the problem that your profile will not render on my Android. The good news (well sort of) is that you are not alone. It appears we are having many similar affected profiles on mobile. Our mobile engineers are having a look into it. I appreciate your patience while we investigate the issue.

Best,
Gina

I think there is a similar problem on the desktop platform, too. Only one public playlist (Just Guitar) shows up although I have more. I have gotten this checked both on a Safari and a Windows platform. Here is my page: https://soundcloud.com/leifka
Hi there,

Best,
Gina

I have done some further investigation into this and it seems to do with having a (high like about 10?) number of hidden playlists. Anyway on my repost user I reduced the number of hidden files and then the missing playlists suddenly showed up again.