Question

Profile doesn't show up in search results

• 20 April 2016
  • 5 replies

When searching for Fuero my profile doesn't show up in the dropdown search results. Instead some sketchy profile, also named Fuero shows up who has only 1 follower. This causes fans not finding me on Soundcloud.

Is there anyway this could be fixed?

Here's my profile:
https://soundcloud.com/fuero

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Sorry for the confusion! The drop down menu that appears as soon as you start typing in the search bar works a little differently from the normal search results that appear after you hit "enter."

Instead of actually searching for the term that you are typing, the drop down menu is a "fuzzy suggester," which looks at the most common search terms and matches them with some of our most popular accounts and sounds. It also tries to anticipate possible typos.

Since it can only suggest 5 possible results, the sound or account you're looking for may not immediately appear. But once you actually hit enter, you should see the results you're looking for.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mathis
Yeah I know. But the thing is another profile named Fuero (../fuero-official) appears who has only 1 follower and zero tracks and my profile doesn't appear at all, while I have around 950 followers. This is weird right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yeah I know. But the thing is another profile named Fuero (../fuero-official) appears who has only 1 follower and zero tracks and my profile doesn't appear at all, while I have around 950 followers. This is weird right?
Hi there Fuero,

Thanks for following up. It is not necessarily weird for when you're performing that search while being logged in to your own account actually, but I will make sure to pass on your report so the engineering team can make sure the drop down menu in the search field works as expected.

Best
Mathis
Is there a way to claim this inactive Fuero account which keeps popping up instead of my profile?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Fuero,

There is 🙂 Here's how to set this up.