Question

Profile picture blurry after upload

• 6 October 2015
  • 11 replies

After uploading my profile picture, it becomes blurry when refreshing or (re)opening my profile page. I tried resizing my image, but that didn't help. Does anyone have the same problem and/or know how to solve it? Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Oddly enough, Firefox seems to be able to cope with the image much better then Chrome, so it looks like this somewhat depends on the browser as well.

I noticed that your image is 5100x5100px in size, which is huge. To compare, iTunes is asking for 1400x1400 and says the maximum they'll accept is 3000x3000px for when users submit a podcast URL.

Thus, I'd try and see how it works when you scale down the image to 1400x1400px, then upload.

Other then that, I've myself experienced difficulties with red(-ish) layers on artworks that I uploaded to social networks online. Looks like we're not the only ones with that issue...

Hope scaling the image before uploading it helps already!

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, downscaling didn't help - as I had tried this before.

I experience this problem of a blurry image with both Chrome (my default browser) and Internet Explorer, so it's not browser related - I guess...

Strange enough, up to last week I didn't have this problem, so I'm not sure whether red(-ish) layers on artworks can explain it. Also, when using different colors, I still experience the same problem.

My guess is that it is something SoundCloud related - which would surprise me, since I've never had any issues on the web site or heard/read something like this from others.

Hopefully, I'll find out soon!

Thanks again for your help! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for your reply!

I experience this problem of a blurry image with both Chrome (my default browser) and Internet Explorer, so it's not browser related - I guess...

Strange enough, up to last week I didn't have this problem, so I'm not sure whether red(-ish) layers on artworks can explain it. Also, when using different colors, I still experience the same problem.

My guess is that it is something SoundCloud related - which would surprise me, since I've never had any issues on the web site or heard/read something like this from others.

Thanks again for your help! :)

Alternatively, you can upload the image pic here and we can upload it for you to see if we get something different.

-Gina
Thanks Gina!
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for your reply!

Thanks again for your help! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hmm, I see that the file is 490X490 which triggers the 'Your image is too small' error message. I know Mathis suggested to downsize but I believe you went to low, the image should be at least 1000X1000.

Sounds like case of the Goldilocks & 3 bears...
Hmm, I see that the file is 490X490 which triggers the 'Your image is too small' error message. I know Mathis suggested to downsize but I believe you went to low, the image should be at least 1000X1000.

Hmm...that's weird. Because the image I just uploaded is 1400x1400.
I'll upload the original 5100x5100 then...

Hi Gina,

Have you tried the new image I've sent you?

It's still blurry, so I'm wondering... :)

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi again,

I've tried this for you know. Once you're clicking on the artwork, the large version that shows up is crystal clear actually, however the version that I see when I land on your profile page is still somewhat blurry on the edges between the red/pink and the blue part.

I've reached out to the relevant product team to see if we can gain any further insights into this. We'll reach back to you once we hear back from the team

Thanks for your patience and all the best.

Cheers
Mathis
1 Year and just encounterd this problem. It won't go away as Matis says when you click on the profile picture it's crystal clear, very frustrating