Question

Rainbow SoundCloud logo

Userlevel 1
Is there any way I can take the rainbow off of the SoundCloud emblem on my page? I did not sign up to promote this lifestyle. I am not offended nor upset. I just prefer not having to promote someone else's agenda. I could understand if I was using a free acct however this is not the case.

Thank you,
Andrew Taylor

This topic has been closed for comments

40 replies

Userlevel 5
Oh Hello there,
I am sorry to disappoint you, but unless I missed something- it is not possible to change the design of soundcloud as of now.
On a different note though... It does not mean you are promoting the 'rainbow lifestyle' just because you are using soundcloud. Nor does soundcloud make you a 'rainbower' or a 'follower of the rainbow' yourself. At least in my opinion.
Greets.
IK
Userlevel 1
PM me when the logo comes down. I will not use the service while it is up.
Userlevel 2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I remove the rainbow flag from my page..?.

How can I remove this emblem from my page..? Rhetorical question - I know the answer is that it can't be removed, but I object strongly to being used as a pawn to endorse or promote someone elses political agenda, especially on a site which is supposed to be for music and nothing else.

I have no particular issue with homosexuality provided it is kept private between consenting individuals. I have however no wish to sing about it from the rooftops or celebrate it in any other way and feel strongly that if this symbol is not removed from my page and remains as a permanent feature I will have no other choice but to delete my Soundcloud account.

In the meantime I feel quite unable to use my account because of this and would like to make my page private until the offending item is removed if I could find a way to do that - perhaps someone can advise me on that..? Or maybe it isn't possible...?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I've regretfully found the 6-color rainbow around the SoundCloud's Logo..

I've regretfully found the 6-color rainbow around the SoundCloud's Logo. I don't find homosexuality as an only one reason to get proud of it. How can I hide this rainbow from my own computer?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Soundcloud home avatar.

Can someone help me with souncloud home avatar? I wouldn't see that flag... Pls what's happend in Obamerica should stay there...
Can I change it? 😞
Userlevel 2
Oh Hello there,
I am sorry to disappoint you, but unless I missed something- it is not possible to change the design of soundcloud as of now.
On a different note though... It does not mean you are promoting the 'rainbow lifestyle' just because you are using soundcloud. Nor does soundcloud make you a 'rainbower' or a 'follower of the rainbow' yourself. At least in my opinion.
Greets.
IK

please, remove LGBT sign from soundcloud! you have international auditory!

Europe make everything to make less people on the Earth with LGBT and SC is supporting it !

We just asking to remove it from place for music!
Userlevel 1
It's not okay to color a whole site, designed ostensibly for music sharing, with a such a tendentious endorsement. I signed up to Soundcloud without anything being expressed to me about the site's social/political leanings, or that they would express them in a way that affected all users. That's just pushy and arrogant, and I'm not into that at all. Going to see what I can do about that
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello Pastor Andrew and all other forum members,

Thank you all for writing in to share your personal concerns over the change of our logo. This temporary change in style will remain on site until Pride celebration comes to an end on June 30th. After end of day on June 30 PST, the orange logo will return.

I'd also like to emphasize that sharing disagreements or opinions is cool but please do not directly insult other forum members.

Thanks,

Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Get this gay shit out of soundcloud!.

I don't want to see LGBT sign in Soundcloud. This is a musican community, not for lesbians and faggots!

Its ok dude) soundcloud use rainbow in logo, not LGBT

Userlevel 1
Hi Gina,

What avenue do us users have to challenge Soundcloud's decision to run with a 'Pride' tie in? Are the majority of Soundcloud's users demonstrably 'Pride' supporters? Does this reflect the interests of Soundcloud's particular demographic and does that in any way have a justifiable relevance to those of us here trying to make music? I would like to know how to make this more prominent. Thanks
Userlevel 2

Thank you all for writing in to share your personal concerns over the change of our logo. This temporary change in style will remain on site until Pride celebration comes to an end on June 30th. After end of day on June 30 PST, the orange logo will return.

I'd also like to emphasize that sharing disagreements or opinions is cool but please do not directly insult other forum members.

Thanks,

Gina

Fair comment, but can you tell me why you think you have the right to impose this universally on all of us please..? Because it is my humble opinion that you do not have that right.
Userlevel 2

Thanks,

Gina

With all due respect, Kenny, it's their website, they are free to do what the fuck they want.
Userlevel 1

Thanks,

Gina

The rainbow I can see over the usual logo has 7 colours, rather than 6. So presumably this isn't a pride thing?
Userlevel 6

Thanks,

Gina

It is a "pride thing"..however, as Gina states above, its only planned to be in place till the end of today. (based on PST time zone which is about 7 hours behind GMT)
Userlevel 1

Thanks,

Gina

No, they're not free to do whatever they want. They may decide they can and will do things like this, but I reckon that ought to be challenged. Why not color it blue for Democrat? Why not show solidarity with the Palestinians?
Userlevel 2

Thanks,

Gina

...yeah, maybe they could show a red flag with a white circle and a black swastika on it, you know, to represent the utterly backward attitudes displayed by the infestation of bigots on this forum.
Userlevel 1

Thanks,

Gina

It's a shame I can't edit my reply, I think I'd change "pride thing" to "Pride celebration". I just wanted to point out the graphic designer didn't get it quite right. I'm more than happy to see sound cloud supporting this cause.
Userlevel 2
Gina : could you please offer a reply to my question above asking why you think you have the right to impose this endorsement of universal homosexuality on all of us. It's a genuine and civilised question.
Userlevel 1

Thanks,

Gina

Stakker, damn, if only you'd knew how nonsensical your comment is. You are the one being a bigot right now.

Thanks,

Gina

Pride celebration ?????????? For you its celebration ??????
LOOOOOOL
Userlevel 2

Thanks,

Gina

Are you guys listening to yourselves? You're the ones advocating boycotting a website over a 1cm wide graphic. Don't invoke freedom of speech when you're the one trying to oppress. Live and let live.

I expect you'll be reprimanded for using the term 'moronic', despite others using the words like 'faggot' without incident.

I believe in your right to say what you want, but don't think you won't get challenged on your backwards, blinkered views.

Essentially, you're not making any sense.
Userlevel 2
Gina : could you please offer a reply to my question above asking why you think you have the right to impose this endorsement of universal homosexuality on all of us. It's a genuine and civilised question.
'Endorsement of universal homosexuality'. LOLOLOL

I suppose you think you're going to "catch gay"? 😃
Userlevel 2

Thanks,

Gina

"they should be able to voice their objections freely"

That's what I'm doing, or are you so blinded by your own bigotry that you can't identify free thought and discussion when you see it?
Userlevel 1
Kenny, I just wanted to point out the graphic wasn't correct, without commenting on whether it's right or not for them to have done it. However, it looks like I've accidentally done that.

Soundcloud can run Soundcloud, however they want to. I don't remember seeing anything in the T&Cs about the website being run democratically. If you take issue about how soundcloud have changed their logo, not your soundcloud logo, then you're free to leave. But I don't think it's imposing an endorsement on all of the users.
Userlevel 2
I like that DJ Kenny has actually made his profile private because he's so intimidated by the somehow crazy idea of equality.