Question

Rainbow SoundCloud logo

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

40 replies

Userlevel 2
You're trolling now mate so I'm going to make this my final reply to you.

1. I'm not the DJ. That's someone else.
2. You started the insults here not me.
3. If you can't maintain a discussion without resorting to the use of profanity and insult I suggest you remove yourself to a website more suited to your age/intelligence level.
Userlevel 2
1. Yep, sure. interesting coincidence, though, don't you think. ;)
2. Did I? I'd suggest you read the threads back.
3. Profanity? I'm not sure you know the meaning of the word. The only 'profanity' used by me has been quoting other user's, whilst referring to the moderators imbalanced judgement on these forums.
Userlevel 2
Kenny, I just wanted to point out the graphic wasn't correct, without commenting on whether it's right or not for them to have done it. However, it looks like I've accidentally done that.

Soundcloud can run Soundcloud, however they want to. I don't remember seeing anything in the T&Cs about the website being run democratically. If you take issue about how soundcloud have changed their logo, not your soundcloud logo, then you're free to leave. But I don't think it's imposing an endorsement on all of the users.

Well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point, but you're right about it being their site and I guess they can run it any way they like. All I can say though is the day you introduce politics into a previously (relatively) innocent and politics free environment such as this is the day everything changes, and to my mind it will be a change for the worse.

I guess I wont be renewing my subscription when the time comes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello again Forum Community,

As I highlighted before, while we are happy for users to share their opinions, we will not host comments that directly insult others. As a result, we are now closing this thread to new comments. Our official response to users’ concerns has been posted above.

To reiterate, the logo will return to orange at end of day June 30 PST.

Thank you again for engaging on the forum,

Gina
Userlevel 2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Soundcloud oversteps the mark on equality issues.

i know this may seem steep but i have decided to seek advice on this . its not the done done thing .Soundcloud have imposed on me a symbol that i take serious offence to - i choose not to NOT engage social media due its differing views . Without advertising its / their intentions Soundcloud has chose to force its views on us without our consent . Wether this is intentional or not it has caused people to ask why do i have this symbol on associated with me - should i really be accountable for that and any derogatory comments that follow . There are clear boundaries that are set out within guidelines - this 100% contradicts those guidelines - explain your actions please publicly . why do i have to subjected to ridicule publicly or other wise abuse for your misjudgment . You are supposed to be impartial A great deal of stress has been caused within my household - question from my kids " why is the Gay flag on your soundcloud " Really should i accept this on your behalf - did your terms and conditions state that i had to accept all faith and sexual orientation before signing up ?. The amount of stress and anger that has been caused within this household tonight due to your actions is unacceptable
Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can someone please explain why there is a rainbow flag on the logo?.

I don't need to be told that it's okay or not, I don't mind it. I just would like to understand why. TY
Userlevel 2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I do not want the rainbow emblem on my soundcloud page. It looks very silly but, ....

Whatever anyone's sexuality is, it is not my business. So please remove the Rainbow SoundCloud logo off my page.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled LGBT FLAG.

Why there is a LGBT flag in soundcloud logo? I'm heterosexual and I feel offended
Userlevel 2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I do not want the rainbow emblem on my soundcloud page. It looks very silly but, ....

Whatever anyone's sexuality is, it is not my business. So please remove the Rainbow SoundCloud logo off my page.