Answered

Re-submitting my question, can't follow other users

• 25 May 2016
  • 1 reply

I posted a 'conversation' yesterday about my problem not being able to follow other users ( https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/cant-follow-users-temporary-block?rfm=1&to... ) and was send to the "Understanding feature use policies" page (which I already read before) so that didn't get me any further. I understand it says you can get blocked for re-following/posting, but does that mean I just have to follow users I don't want to if they make me while downloading songs (using follow-to-download websites)? Most of the times that's the only way to get certain free songs and some sites make me follow more then 10 users at a time. Besides I'm still not sure whether I even have a block since I never got a warning message. If I happen to be blocked, can anyone tell me how long my block is still active? I now have like 20+ bookmarks of soundcloud pages which I would like to follow but I can't, which is really annoying.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Gina 25 May 2016, 12:51

Hi Epsilon,

As you read in the article that you were merged to, we have a system in place that detects when there are spikes in behaviour. After reading this post, I can see why you are triggering the block since you are visiting these follow to download sites. The bad news is I can't really do anything for you. The best advice I can give you is try your best to space out your follow/download behaviour. Your current block will be released in 8 days.

-Gina
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Epsilon,

As you read in the article that you were merged to, we have a system in place that detects when there are spikes in behaviour. After reading this post, I can see why you are triggering the block since you are visiting these follow to download sites. The bad news is I can't really do anything for you. The best advice I can give you is try your best to space out your follow/download behaviour. Your current block will be released in 8 days.

-Gina