Solved

Reposts Don't work

Userlevel 2
I've just received a e-mail notification about a repost, checked my soundcloud and realized that there is no repost shown.
The repost is also not shown at the profile it was reposted from.
I've then tried to repost something with 3 different accounts of mine, and it didn't work. (something i just uploaded, so it's not the re-repost issue here)
There seems to be some problem, please look into this.
I know for a fact i was about to get some reposts today from friends and partners and it seems like only 10-20 % made it through.
Cheers
icon

Best answer by Jonathan 24 October 2017, 15:16

Hi,

As mentioned on our Status Blog, we're rolling out a fix that should restore all missing activity (reposts, unreposts as well as follows and likes).

Please note that the fix is being rolled out progressively and it may take a couple days for profiles and activity to adjust.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Jonathan
View original

123 replies

Userlevel 2
Funny enough, the repost i made 3 hrs ago to try if it works did now finally show up on the stream. As reposted 3 hrs ago. certainly not that helpful haha
Same here, since some days some reposts show up in the timeline, some not, however they are indicated as reposted on the track itself!
Userlevel 1
same get your shit together soundcloud
Userlevel 2
Today I noticed that when I reposted some tracks, only a few appear in my stream and not ALL the tracks i reposted..
Am I the only one to whom this happens? Why?
Userlevel 2
Same here, since some days some reposts show up in the timeline, some not, however they are indicated as reposted on the track itself!Same here, since some days some reposts show up in the timeline, some not, however they are indicated as reposted on the track itself! ok i'm not the only one then lol
I don't repost often, so there's no way I'm rp banned. Sometimes I like to repost good shit, other times to support my fellow producers.

It is kinda annoying I have to keep unreposting then reposting like 5 times before it even shows up on the feed.

Seems to be happening to others too, how can we resolve this?

my sc is @ forsai incase you need to check my account
Userlevel 4
Badge
My obligatory "me too".

When I repost a track, the repost icon lights up as if I have actually reposted it.

Unfortunately, the track doesn't appear on my profile, my stream, or anywhere as if I have actually reposted it. Viewing my account from another account, the repost also doesn't appear, which means reposting right now is doing nothing, at least for some accounts (there seemed to be the normal amount of reposts from other people in my stream - go figure.)

The work-around for me is to do this anywhere from 1-4 times:
  • Un-repost the track, then
  • Re-start my browser, then
  • Repost the track.
Eventually the track will actually repost, verified by it appearing in my stream, on my profile, and visible from a 2nd account. Overall I'd estimate this has been going on for about two or three days.

Thanks,
Matt
Userlevel 3
Badge
Same here, many users have this problem, I have opened a topic yesterday about this but it seems the moderators have not approved it yet.
Same here hey, for example: if i go to a track that i have already reposted(from 2yrs ago)and unpost it and refresh page . .. then repost it again it should appear at the top of my stream, but now nothing happens.... :(

As for new tracks - sometimes it posts to my stream and sometimes not? not sure why its doing this
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

We've reached out to our engineers about this. Is this still happening to you? If so, can you provide an example track please? I've just tested this and was not able to reproduce unfortunately.

Cheers
Mathis
Ich habe das gleiche problem !

Ich kann den Repostbutton drücken und es wird angezeigt, dass gerepostet wurde ! Aber auf meiner Seite wird der track unter reposts nicht angezeigt !

Mein Bruder hat das gleiche problem ! Gibt es dafür schon eine Lösung ??

Grüße jo
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ich habe das gleiche problem !

Ich kann den Repostbutton drücken und es wird angezeigt, dass gerepostet wurde ! Aber auf meiner Seite wird der track unter reposts nicht angezeigt !

Mein Bruder hat das gleiche problem ! Gibt es dafür schon eine Lösung ??

Grüße jo

Hallo Jo, kannst Du bitte wie oben beschrieben den Link zu dem Track posten, der trotz repost nicht angezeigt wird? Machst Du das an einem Computer oder an einem Mobiltelefon? Windows / Mac / iOs / Android? :)

Alles Gute
Mathis
hey 😉 klappt aber bei mehreren nicht wird mal kurz angezeigt dann wieder nicht etc !

https://soundcloud.com/user-493079043/tech-house-71017

bin am mac

Jo
I am still having this problem on my page, it shows the tracks in my likes and shows that I've reposted it, but they are not showing up on my "repost" or on my stream. Please help.

https://soundcloud.com/paytonls
Userlevel 2
Hey Mathis,
I've tried it on Windows (Chrome browser) and android (sc app).
There's literally not just one single track that's not repostable, every track i've tried didn't work.
I've reposted this one about 3 hrs ago and it doesn't show up https://soundcloud.com/atticbeats/last-feat-pauline-herr
I couldn't repost any of the songs on my secondary account https://soundcloud.com/karlhungusbsides to my main profile.

I don't think it's track specific.
Userlevel 2
Unreposts don't seem to work as well atm. Tried to unrepost this yesterday
Tryptich (https://soundcloud.com/tryptich)reposted my track but it didn't come up in my feed or display on his profile. Didn't get the notification about the repost or that he started following me. Also my follower count didn't increment when he followed me

https://soundcloud.com/soul-beat-runna/pump-up-the-volume
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Thank you for your reports around this. Our engineers have confirmed something is causing for your reposts / unreposts to not render properly. They are looking into this issue at the moment and we're hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 2
Hi again,

Thank you for your reports around this. Our engineers have confirmed something is causing for your reposts / unreposts to not render properly. They are looking into this issue at the moment and we're hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis

Dope! Please let us know when it's fixed so we can finally spam our followers again 🙂
mines will only repost to my profile not my stream but then it removes it from my profile after 2 minutes What the heck LOL

i thought i was repost banned or something :?
The last two most recent tracks that I have reposted from my stream do not show on my profile at all. Why is this not working??
Same here, on a pro and free account. It says that it is reposted when I hover over the repost button however.
im getting that too! My buttons are highlighted and it shows pops in the profile but as soon as i refresh its gone and nothing in the stream either!
i'm having the same problem and soundcloud says nothing!
Same problem