Answered

Reposts Don't work

Show first post

123 replies

soundcloud, please...
I'm having the same issue. I click on repost and it appears to work fine, however the track does not appear on my page. Issue has persisted for the last 5 days. Any advice on how to resolve would be much appreciated.
My Re-posted Tracks are Randomly not Appearing in My Re-posted List Although their status remains REPOSTED under my profile. This is Evidently happening to many of my friends on Soundcloud. Please Address this issue and resolve. We Must be able to support one another!
2nd this

Thank you for the update and reply. However, this doesn't really fix the last week of inactivity. I honestly am begging you guys At this point to raise the algorithmic ratio for followers seeing the song S well as repost reach. It's been slowly declining over the last few years making our jobs harder. However I am not asking for a permanent change, maybe give us a week or so to catch up? It's hard to realize but an entire economy is based around SoundCloud and this is basically the equivalent to the stock markets crashing for many of us.

Hey,

Our engineers are currently working on this issue.

Good news is, once the fix comes out all of the reposted content (currently not showing) will be shown just as if you had in fact reposted it.

We'll update the Status Blog when this happens: http://status.soundcloud.com/

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Same problem here. reposts aren't visible

https://soundcloud.com/ratibaramadze
Userlevel 1
Thank you for the update and reply. However, this doesn't really fix the last week of inactivity. I honestly am begging you guys At this point to raise the algorithmic ratio for followers seeing the song S well as repost reach. It's been slowly declining over the last few years making our jobs harder. However I am not asking for a permanent change, maybe give us a week or so to catch up? It's hard to realize but an entire economy is based around SoundCloud and this is basically the equivalent to the stock markets crashing for many of us.

Hey,

Good news is, once the fix comes out all of the reposted content (currently not showing) will be shown just as if you had in fact reposted it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I now have 2 tracks that I cannot un-repost from my account, and clicking the button does nothing to take it off my feed. I am unsure if earlier reposts are affected, but I've had success un-reposting other tracks and them being removed off of my profile.

Actually just checked, it's 3 tracks which cannot be un-reposted. Also, I tried to repost a separate track, and now the repost will not appear on my profile. SoundCloud, if you're hearing this, please fix this.
Hi, I'm getting the same type of issue. When I un-repost a track from my stream, the track will disappear from my feed. When I refresh, it remains on my feed, only with the repost button not highlighted.

I now have 2 tracks that I cannot un-repost from my account, and clicking the button does nothing to take it off my feed. I am unsure if earlier reposts are affected, but I've had success un-reposting other tracks and them being removed off of my profile.

My friend has also sent me message stating that his profile is affected by the same un-repost glitch / issues. Attached is a screenshot of the glitch.
Reposting appears to be fixed but Unreposting is still an issue.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for fixing the repost bug Soundcloud engineers! :$

order has been restored, my wall is looking complete and I can sleep easy 😛
mine too help
Userlevel 4
Badge
You guys have picked up on the fact that it's not just reposts, right? It's also quite definitely "un-reposts", and to a lesser extent, likes and follows. Please read through this thread for verification of that.

Will all of those activities be restored as if they were done as well?

Specifically, losing my follows sucks. For several days I was picking up new artists without realizing that my follows were not sticking. Those discoveries are just lost, because I've never maintained any kind of external "backup" list in case of this kind of failure.
This is happening for me as well! :@

I posted on this the other day but it doesn't look like I received a response.
Same here ! :(
When we hit the Repost button, it seams to function correct... (The button turns Red & stays that way)! But when we go back to look on our SC-Profile, the reposts aren't there... 😞
Similar problem, when we want to remove some Reposts, they still stay on our Profile! (So here The opposite happens)... :(
(Even when the Repost button won't appear Red anymore)! (Totally Strange)...! :(
We receive several Repost requests every day, from our followers and since the last 5 days we have this annoying problem...
While our Followers are waiting for their Repost Requests! 😞
Same here ! :(
When we hit the Repost button, it seams to function correct... (The button turns Red & stays that way)! But when we go back to look on our SC-Profile, the reposts aren't there... 😞
Similar problem, when we want to remove some Reposts, they still stay on our Profile! (So here The opposite happens)... :(
(Even when the Repost button won't appear Red anymore)! (Totally Strange)...! :(
We receive several Repost requests every day, from our followers and since the last 5 days we have this annoying problem...
While our Followers are waiting for their Repost Requests! :(
https://soundcloud.com/love-for-music-and-producers
The Repost function doesn't work right! 😞
So we all have the same problem, ha !?
I already contacted SC about this strange problem!
Realy hope SC-Team can fix this annoying problem...! 😞
So we all have the same problem, ha !?
I already contacted SC about this strange problem!
Realy hope SC-Team can fix this annoying problem...! :(
The Repost function doesn't work right! 😞
Hello there,

my newest track "dreamz prod. Tajima Hal" got reposted by numerous other artists but it seems like they don't appear on their SC timeline.. 😞 Could you help me solving this issue?

don C
Same here.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hey,

Cheers,
Jonathan
@Mathis

Hi Mathis,

I've been affected by this issue as well. Like many users here I'm quite disappointed by this situation, since it seems to have happened already in the past, according to other threads in the forum. We would all highly appreciate it if this is fixed asap, before we all keep on loosing costs of opportunity, time and money.

It seems to be an overall bug in the platform, since it's not track or user specific. I'm sending you the link to a track of mine as an example: https://soundcloud.com/piwomusic/i-wont-piwo . As you can see in screenshot 1, if I open up the reposts page for the track above, it shows that Melobass has "reposted" it. On screenshot 2 you can see the repost by Melobass is shown in my notifications page. However, in screenshot 3, which shows Melobass' profile, the track doesn't show up at all. You can look at the times when the screenshots were made at the upper right corner for better understanding.

I agree that this is not only affecting giving and taking away reposts but also follows and even comments...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Piwo
Hey Soundcloud,

Same issue here: many reposts aren't appearing in streams or on profiles. This is really affecting artists / labels like us who rely on reposts for traction on releases. Can you please provide an update or timescales for a fix? We need to plan our work accordingly.

Many thanks.
Userlevel 1
literally, these soundcloud failures, are causing many users to stop using this application and is a big problem for labels, because it is not solved now and fast?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Bump! Soundcloud this is inexcusable how for days you are not fixing anything! It's time a good alternative for soundcloud will come to life so that you guys will put some effort into making a proper user experience instead of riding on the wave of your monopoly!
Same problem here....