Solved

Reposts Don't work

Show first post

123 replies

This has been a problem for the past few days and is getting fixed. Mathis (mod) talked about this and said that they were working on fixing this problem
Having the same issue , glad to see that they are working on it , just hope it gets resolved soon.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Thanks for fixing the repost bug Soundcloud engineers! :$

order has been restored, my wall is looking complete and I can sleep easy :P

The bug is not fixed. Since it obviously doesn't affect all accounts (I have more or less the normal amount of "reposts" in my stream and have since the beginning of this problem), perhaps your account has begun working again.

However, I just tested reposts about five minutes ago and the bug is certainly still there. Tracks I repost are not showing up in my stream as being reposted by me, nor are they showing up on my account page as recent activity.

I have been using a work-around that I call a "forced repost" - a few refreshes and multiple repost/unpost of the same track in a small amount of time. Eventually I can get tracks to repost via this ridiculous method, which is why you might see reposts in my recent activity.

Likes, un-reposts, follows and other activites are still suspect. Plus, the status blog has not been updated indicating a fix.

Thanks,
Matt
Userlevel 4
Badge
Thank you for the update and reply. However, this doesn't really fix the last week of inactivity. I honestly am begging you guys At this point to raise the algorithmic ratio for followers seeing the song S well as repost reach. It's been slowly declining over the last few years making our jobs harder. However I am not asking for a permanent change, maybe give us a week or so to catch up? It's hard to realize but an entire economy is based around SoundCloud and this is basically the equivalent to the stock markets crashing for many of us.
I feel you on this, but honestly, I wouldn't hold out much hope for any kind of catch-up mechanic, leeway or virtual compensation due to the service not being functional. Pretty much every online service from YouTube to Spotify to Facebook or Insta, and everything in-between has a clause like this in their end-user license agreement (EULA) or terms of service (TOS):

https://soundcloud.com/terms-of-use#disclaimer

You could even show them actual documented financial losses and they could legally default to, "we never guaranteed that the service would be available without errors for any length of time at all." Which, they didn't - and we all agreed to this when we created accounts. I know it bites, but the best we can hope for is that they fix the problem, and quickly.

This problem seems to be somewhere between four and seven days old. Last time I brought a major problem to their attention, it took them six weeks to fix it, and that was with my reporting and documentation miles above and beyond what I should have been expected to do as an end user.

I'll add that for my help in that fiasco, which prevented many users from properly playing back music for a month and a half, I got absolutely nothing as compensation from SoundCloud. The appreciation from the community was awesome, and I am thankful for that, but it doesn't help offset six weeks of faulty SoundCloud.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi,

As mentioned on our Status Blog, we're rolling out a fix that should restore all missing activity (reposts, unreposts as well as follows and likes).

Please note that the fix is being rolled out progressively and it may take a couple days for profiles and activity to adjust.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Userlevel 2
@Trapstyle

I'm pretty sure soundclouds stream isn't even filtered at all. (Maybe I did miss something tho)
But imagine it was - equally raising each ones reach would just mean the stream is even fuller, which yields in less activity as well.
My release got screwed up too, and i'm not too happy about it either, but i feel like there's no easy way to make up for it.
Shit happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers,

Karl
Same troubles are occurring in Japan,such as cases that is not displayed on the stream when I Reposted ,and cases that Repost can not be done.It is a serious problem that could collapse human relationships.
Userlevel 2
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud-deleted-all-of-my-reposts-230066/soundcloud-deleted-all-of-my-reposts-7385647
Userlevel 4
Badge
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud-deleted-all-of-my-reposts-230066/soundcloud-deleted-all-of-my-reposts-7385647
A fix has been rolled out for this, which from my end seems to have been completely effective. If your reposts still aren't showing, it may take up to 48 hours for the activity to be restored.

The SC Status Blog says that the fix has been completely rolled out (http://status.soundcloud.com/), but the last mod post here says 48 hours may be needed for all changes to take effect. Always fun to have conflicting information; I would just wait 48 hours and see what happens.

Matt
Userlevel 2
I feel betrayed by SC, All of my thousands of reposts have been nuked. wtf.
Userlevel 2
A fix has been rolled out for this, which from my end seems to have been completely effective. If your reposts still aren't showing, it may take up to 48 hours for the activity to be restored.

The SC Status Blog says that the fix has been completely rolled out (http://status.soundcloud.com/), but the last mod post here says 48 hours may be needed for all changes to take effect. Always fun to have conflicting information; I would just wait 48 hours and see what happens.

Matt

ok
So I've waited two days, and my reposts still aren't there. I had a ton as well, if it's not fixed soon, i'll just find something else to use. It's unfortunate too, because I get a lot of use out of SoundCloud, but this is a huge issue. I want ALL of my reposts. Thanks.
I'm definitely encountering a similar problem. It happened this past week on my android and PC after an update was made. All my reposts made over the span of time I've used soundcloud are gone 😞 And now only playlists reposted show up. I'm very disappointed because I've been using Soundcloud for years and now all my reposts are gone. Even when things are fixed are all my reposts going to show up again?
I'm definitely encountering a similar problem. It happened this past week on my android and PC after an update was made. All my reposts made over the span of time I've used soundcloud are gone 😞 And now only playlists reposted show up. I'm very disappointed because I've been using Soundcloud for years and now all my reposts are gone. Even when things are fixed are all my reposts going to show up again?

I am experiencing this same issue with my profile as well. Reposting new music works fine but all my previous reposts are gone with just my playlists remaining. It still shows the songs are reposted if I search for them but they dont show up on my profile for both my computer(Chrome) and my Android. I hope they are able to fix this soon so I dont lose my multiple years worth of music.
All of my reposts are gone as well, about 4 years of my music collection has disappeared..... help 😕
All of my reposts are still gone, and now the one's that I've built up since the last time you had this issue are gone now also. What the hell SoundCloud? I've been using your service for over 7 years or so now, and I can't even get an email or anything back when trying to contact you regarding this issue. I'm seriously considering switching services, which is very disheartening and speaks volumes about your guys customer service. If it's not fixed soon, I'm just going to have to give up on you guys altogether.
Userlevel 1
like & repost brokenHi again,

Thank you for your reports around this. Our engineers have confirmed something is causing for your reposts / unreposts to not render properly. They are looking into this issue at the moment and we're hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis

That was two months ago. Like & repost are still broken in Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
Clicking does not change the status of the button and a banner reads "Oops! Something went wrong with that request."
Kinda defeats the purpose of the website, no?
Bei mir funktioniert weder der Repost noch der Gefällt mir Button. Ich will gerne diesen Track reposten:
https://soundcloud.com/lengrecords/ashoka-canson-remix?in=lengrecords/sets/ali-kuru-egzotik-remixes-part-2
Ich verwende Desktop OSX.

Kann mir da jemand weiterhelfen?

Danke für eure Hilfe!

Userlevel 1
Canson,

I was able to like & repost your track. Also am able to do likewise for the ones that were not working for me. Part of the problem was that my previous likes were not showing up so I was clicking a greyed-out heart that technically was already red.

So fortunately this was a temporary problem, but one that seems to keep popping up.

feel free to try liking and re-posting one of my tracks :)
https://soundcloud.com/swivelable/opc-that-sound
Userlevel 2
ITS STILL BROKEN FOR ME AND OTHERS WITH THOUSANDS OF REPOSTS. ANY UPDATE?
Userlevel 2
what is going on its been fixed in the past so it can be fixed again. please help.
Userlevel 2
what is going on its been fixed in the past so it can be fixed again
I'm experiencing this problem too. Not just for resposts, but likes too. My 'liked' list is complete if i view it on my android phone, but when I open the web version, the list isn't updated. Kept trying to like and unlike, unpost and repost, and it still doesn't populate. Is this just happening to me? Anyone else experiencing this? This is really tempting me to stop paying premium for SC....