Reposts not displaying properly

• 5 December 2017
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 1
Today I logged into my soundcloud and noticed all of my reposts compiled over the past few years have been deleted from my page. Is there any way I can have this restored? I use the feature to not only share music but also go back and revisit later. Over three years of music just vanished overnight. My profile is http://soundcloud.com/grant_cole

64 replies

all of my reposted tracks were displaying at https://soundcloud.com/abdallah-a-refaat, however today, they were and still are all gone and replaced by playlists only. All of the tracks that I reposted are saved (I can see that a track has been reposted when I go to it's page from my likes) but not appearing on my profile for some reason!!
any help?!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Thanks for hanging in there. Our engineers have investigated this and are working on a fix. No data was lost, merely your reposts aren't displaying properly at the moment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again everyone,

Thanks for keep these reports coming. It looks like the initial fix our engineers deployed yesterday solve the issue for some, but not for all of you, hence I saw your new reports when I looked into the community this morning. An additional fix should now be out and your reposts should display as expected again.

Sorry for any inconvenience & all the best
Mathis
I can see lots of reposts on that profile going back to a Richie Hawtin/Plasticman one from three years ago.
Have you tried refreshing your browser, or logging out and looking at it that way, then logging in again. There seem to be a lot of display problems with SoundCloud. Things aren't lost, they just aren't showing properly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

Thanks for reporting here on the community. I'm looking into this and we've informed our engineers about this. I seem to be unable to reproduce though - when I'm going to your public profiles, your reposts are showing fine for me. We'll keep our eyes peeled and will update here asap.
I've experienced the same issue this morning and I was kind of alarmed by it. Hopefully it's only a display issue because it sure would be a bummer to have all the music we've compiled to be gone...
Userlevel 1
Hey, man. Same thing happened to me, and another user. See below:

https://soundcloudcommunity.com/share-embed-230064/soundcloud-reposts-deleted-7389776/index1.html#post18013855

While it's not a solution, seeing this has happened multiple times is (somewhat) reassuring, as it may just be a temporary display issue. Fingers crossed..
I was on my phone using soundcloud as I normally do and I noticed that when it came to a certain point not too far down my reposts that it stopped playing what I thought I had reposted. Among further investigation I noticed that after yesterday all of my reposts except for Albums are gone for some reason. I didn't worry until I went home and noticed it was still happening on my desktop. Can anyone help me I love my soundcloud and have had it for 4+ years and would hate to lose it and start over. Any advice would help, thanks.
Userlevel 1
This happened to me too.. only my playlists and most recent tracks are showing up on my page. Years worth of reposts have suddenly disappeared as of this morning.

You're not the only one, I am hoping it's a temporary display issue certain users on Soundcloud are experiencing. When I go into my "liked" tracks, I can still see my user profile archived under past reposts, even if they're not showing up on my profile.
7 years of reposts gone for me. I can still see them in my listening history marked as reposted and the only thing still showing that I reposted is something from yesterday when everything was still there. Only thing i have in my stream is stuff I have uploaded and reposted playlists. So aggravating.
I use Soundcloud dailey and most of the time I have no complains, but yesterday I discovered something that freaked me out.
Suddenly when I look at my page (D-Batic), all my (single) reposted track are gone!! All the tracks I put on my page over the last year or 2 are gone!!

The strainge thing is that when i go to a track that a repsted a couple of days ago, the Repost button is on like i reposted it.
But when i go to my page i don't see nothing. the only tracks that are on my page now are some playlists but I NEED all my other Reposted tracks! =(

I need the music to get trough the workday and I'm always the person on parties that puts on the music!
Please somebody!!! I hope that cit an be fixed else I have lost all the tracks I collected over the year(s)
I hope anybody can help me!!
I got the same freaking problem! With the page/account of a friend of mine is nothing wrong.
But on my page all the (single) reposts are gone! The collection i gathered over the years just gone.....

Like sad before when I look at a track that i reposted a view days ago, the Repost button is on but on my page there is nothing to be seen.
Hope that it can be fixed because it isn't possible to find all those tracks again 😞
My 6 years of reposted music are gone from my profile 😞 Please help... went into work sad without my music.
Ok glad its getting fixed, I noticed it yesterday and I almost cried. been on here since 2010.
There are major gaps in my reposts now and I am distraught. Typically saving the best for my reposts and all of a sudden they are missing.

Really upset about it. The reposts were the most accurate representation of my taste.

I hope Soundcloud is able to help the community get back their reposts.

Happy to be a paying customer until this.... =(

Reposts is the place to go for the best songs on most people's accounts. And there are no soundcloud playlists from soundcloud so it's sad to see all my reposts and others disappear.
i have the same problem, only my playlists are present but all of my reposts are gone ,, i signed out and checked my profile, and i had the same result, the reposts are disappeared ...
Today I logged into my soundcloud and noticed all of my reposts compiled over the past few years have been deleted from my page. Is there any way I can have this restored? I use the feature to not only share music but also go back and revisit later. Over three years of music just vanished overnight. My profile is http://soundcloud.com/grant_cole

I’m having the same problem, my profile username is andxxy. I am a paying SoundCloud Go paying customer and have been using this app for 4 years. Please restore the music I listen to everyday
Userlevel 1
mine disappeared too 😞 is it a display issue or what?
Userlevel 1
mine are all gone too. the "fix" didn't fix anything for me.
Userlevel 1
Today I logged into my soundcloud and noticed all of my reposts compiled over the past few years have been deleted from my page. Is there any way I can have this restored? I use the feature to not only share music but also go back and revisit later. Over three years of music just vanished overnight. My profile is soundcloud.com/grant_cole
Hi, I logged into my account for the first time today and when going onto my profile almost all my reposts even going as far back as 2 years ago are now completely gone. How can this have happened and is there anyway for them to be recovered? SoundCloud is a great community and I have discovered amazing artists and I simply don't want to miss out on all of the tracks that I've been rocking out to since I made the account. Thank you for taking the time to review this matter. -Vic
Userlevel 1
I can see lots of reposts on that profile going back to a Richie Hawtin/Plasticman one from three years ago.
Have you tried refreshing your browser, or logging out and looking at it that way, then logging in again. There seem to be a lot of display problems with SoundCloud. Things aren't lost, they just aren't showing properly.

I just tried both. The reposts that are showing at the moment are from the past 24 hours, then any playlists I have reposted in the past couple of months / years. I cannot see individual mixes / tracks reposted over the past couple of months / years. Strange, because they still appear in my likes. When I click the details of tracks I have previously reposted, my display name still appears as one of the "reposted by" users.

I am hoping it is just a temporary display issue. I have ran into issues before where soundcloud would not display any reposts on the feed. When logged out, I do not see my reposts either, which is a bit alarming.

Other users profiles seem to display their reposts just fine. So it is not everyone..
Made a post about the same thing, hopefully they will see and give us an answer, until then good luck I'm in the same boat as you.
Looking through some music to move around this evening I've noticed all my reposts are gone. You know the story, others have posted. I am calling out to anyone from SoundCloud to weigh in on this issue. I like many others don't post my own tracks or other's tracks, but have compiled quite a collection of my favorite music the basis of that being my reposts. It would be pretty devastating to loose them all.....

Please help SoundCloud.
Userlevel 1
Today I logged into my soundcloud and noticed all of my reposts compiled over the past few years have vanished from my page. The only reposts showing up are playlists, and anything from the past day. Thousands from the past few months and years are not appearing on my page.

Under my "likes", you can see many of the tracks I had reposted still have an archived history of me doing so when you go look at the track details. I want them to show up on my page, as I have spent years building this up and have been trying all day to find a solution. I did some digging around the community, it seems a few others experienced the same issue, yet most people I follow on soundcloud have pages that appear completely normal. I already tried signing out and looking at it that way, but this is how it appears for everyone and it's concerning.

Is there any way I can have this restored? I use the feature to not only share music, but also go back and revisit music I have compiled over the years at a later date. My profile is http://soundcloud.com/grant_cole