Question

Says my connection has been disabled

• 2 December 2015
  • 93 replies

I try to play a song via my stream and I get this message,
"Your network connection seems to be disabled. Please check and retry." while I am connected to wifi. I've tried to refresh, close tab while opening a new one, and using a different browser while none seem to fix the solution.

93 replies

same problem, i cant seem to fix it.
same issue
The app on my iPhone is working, but my tracks won't play in Chrome on my desktop.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Sorry about this, we were experiencing downtime last night, so this could have caused the issue for you. Are you all set now?
Hey hey,

Sorry about this, we were experiencing downtime last night, so this could have caused the issue for you. Are you all set now?

Yes the problem has seem to have gone away, thank you!
Hey hey,

No. I have this problem again. I use Firefox.
Hey hey,

this is happening on a constant daily basis for me in firefox or chrome, but i am usb tethering. however, it never happened before until recently. what's up?
Hey hey,

Yeah same for chrome. You guys really need to fix this.
Userlevel 2
Same problem here. Been intermittent for that last few weeks but today has been abysmal. Need to reload page after every track and now I'm seeing the "Your network connection seems to be disabled. Please check and retry."
Userlevel 2
Today, I am having to click on each and every track in my playlists/stream/whatever in order for the track to play. Soundcloud is becoming more and more broken and users less and less cared for.

It's rapidly turning into an appallingly unusable service.

Also, I'm kind of getting annoyed that every thread I read regarding an issue I am having with Soundcloud invariably is marked "solved" or "answered" when no solution is present therein. Another example of the Official reps not giving a damn.

Just because you responded to a query, Mathis, does not make it "answered" – certainly not in any sense of Customer Support.
Today, I am having to click on each and every track in my playlists/stream/whatever in order for the track to play. Soundcloud is becoming more and more broken and users less and less cared for.

It's rapidly turning into an appallingly unusable service.

Also, I'm kind of getting annoyed that every thread I read regarding an issue I am having with Soundcloud invariably is marked "solved" or "answered" when no solution is present therein. Another example of the Official reps not giving a damn.

Just because you responded to a query, Mathis, does not make it "answered" – certainly not in any sense of Customer Support.

Hey. I was having the exact same problem, and I just now found a solution. If you are on chrome or firefox, try this fix https://www.wiknix.com/how-to-fix-dns_probe_finished_nxdomain-in-chrome/
Hey hey,

Is there a fix for Firefox?
Still happening ... this is not solved. I have tried on various laptops over different networks. Other sites work with http or https. Why? SoundCloud is UNUSABLE when this happens. The point of SoundCloud is to be able to listen and share music. So if you can't do either then is's unusable. And I just went Pro and wished I hadn't as this last week has be terrible connectivity.

If this was a faulty hardware I could take it back and get a refund. How come this doesn't apply to software or Apps? It's not fit for purpose right now. Bad Karma all round 😞
NO ONE REPLIES !! SOUNDCLOUD This is seriously damaging your reputation, along with a 100s of pirate sites stealing our content direct from SOUNDCLOUD. SHOW US YOU CARE?!?!?! Why should we pay for a a diminished and flawed system?

I searched on Google for "your network connection seems to be disabled" and software problem affects the SEO of your listings. More importantly it effects OUR listing. TRY IT! I got about 100 results for real soundcloud users and their google listing is showing "your network connection seems to be disabled" when really it should show their profile. BAD BAD BAD !!!

When will this be fixed?
Userlevel 3
Same problem since some days... "Your network connection seems to be disabled. Please check and retry."
Definitely a bug or something with the network stuff@soundcloud. Fix this!
Same issue. Painful
I'm having this issue too and it is really annoying. I use a macbook and I'm on Safari. Please fix this!
I have the same Problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the same Problem !
me too, cant play my own tracks -.-
I have relocated my router Today and when I plugged in everything to connect first internet then soundcloud I saw the "Your network connection seems to be disabled. Please check and retry." error after the initial track. I thought I did something wrong while plugging things back again, but I think I am not the only one who faces this issue. I am a chrome user. So, what do you recommend? Or the problem is with the website?
Thanks
same problem for abut 3 months and haven't seen a fix as yet
is this getting looked at? cant use soundcloud, will move to different platform
Same here - regularly get this error while streaming on laptop using chrome while the internet is definitely working. Some refreshing usually does the trick, but it's quite annoying. I think Soundcloud is not very stable with slow wifi, hope you guys are working on it.
Userlevel 1
UM I'm having the same problem.
HELP!!!!