Question

shows the trending music over 3 months ago. No new music has been seen on trending section.

• 19 May 2015
  • 4 replies

I am using chrome on a HP

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi jahwill,

Thanks for getting in touch about this! The Explore page works like a chart of the most played, reposted and liked tracks of the last 48 hours. You can sort these charts by genre to get results that are the most relevant to you.

We do refresh this list every day and it includes tracks from the last 180 days, which is why you can sometimes see older tracks at the top.

Our Search and Discovery team are constantly working to improve the accuracy and relevance of results on the explore page.
Hope this helps understanding this feature a bit better.
Here is the deal,

The same music stays up there all the time because everyone just goes to the trending playlist and lets it roll through the songs (of course they are going to be played a lot if they never leave the list). I wish you guys could figure out a better way to bring fresh music to my attention. I know others must feel the same way.
Hi jahwill,

Thanks for getting in touch about this! The Explore page works like a chart of the most played, reposted and liked tracks of the last 48 hours. You can sort these charts by genre to get results that are the most relevant to you.

We do refresh this list every day and it includes tracks from the last 180 days, which is why you can sometimes see older tracks at the top.

Our Search and Discovery team are constantly working to improve the accuracy and relevance of results on the explore page.

There aren't older tracks just at the top. The entire list all the way to the bottom are older tracks. From months ago. And it stays the same. And it's been this way for more than a couple of months on trending music as well as the separate genre's. Where it wasn't previously. Whatever changed -- it's not that great. What gives ? Shouldn't be new music more regularly ? And if not , why not add a new music feature !!!
Hi jahwill,

Mathis,

To be honest, for this very reason I have used my SoundCloud less and less. I don't have time to poke around everywhere looking for a song that I might enjoy. It was so helpful to find fresh music that usually introduced me to new artists when the trending music and genre's were working well. If I could rely on the explore feature to do that more effectively I would use my SoundCloud more. This really needs to be fixed.