Question

Shuffle

• 2 September 2017
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Hey can we fix the fucking shuffle? Have 1,500 songs liked and shuffle will mix up the top 20 and that's it. Yes, I even scrolled all the way down to load the thumbnail of every song I have liked.

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Exactly. Please address this issue, SoundCloud. It baffles me how something this basic and essential that was previously implemented can just disappear like this.

Please give us a official statement ASAP, I for one will consider leaving SoundCloud because of this. I suspect that people will stop liking as many songs due to this removed feature.

:?:?:?
Totally agree, I have a playlist that I usually just shuffle play, but the problem is that with playlists that have over 100 songs or something, shuffle-playing doesn't even touch the last two-fifths of the playlist for quite awhile.

I have a playlist with 215 songs, and when I shuffle-played it, this was the order of the songs in the queue: 1, 7, 4, 10, 21, 12, 15, 9, 19, 18, 14, 2, 8, 3, 13, 20, 5, 16, 11, 17, 6, 103, 45, 55, 124, 118, 30, 100, 46, 76, 122, 42, 120, 132, 69. These were the first 35 tracks that were played out of my 215 song playlist. This means that after 16% of the playlist, not even 1 song from the last two-fifths of the playlist have been played.

The next 15 songs from the queue are: 27, 54, 62, 95, 33, 136, 70, 39, 59, 72, 111, 141, 112, 94. At this point, I've listened to 50/215 songs from my playlist(pretty much 1/4), and I haven't even heard a single song from the last 1/4 of the f*cking playlist! Like actually, what the heck. I can't imagine how it is for Nick Stevers(the guy who started this question about shuffle) with his 1500 songs to shuffle.

Another thing I would like Soundcloud to fix is that they should have an actual 'Shuffle-play button' instead of having to play the very first song and then press the shuffle icon in the bottom left. The Soundcloud app for my phone has it, why can't the computer have it? And if I want to choose a song to start with, I press play on that song and then shuffle. However, when I do this, all the songs above the one that I played, won't get played at all?! So if I choose to play song number 10, I will never get to listen to songs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9, which is f*cking bullshit.

I'm done with my rant, please do something about this Soundcloud, I as well as many others, are quite irritated.
Userlevel 3
I will echo what I have seen others mention, that shuffle seems to give a true shuffle on mobile but is completely broken on desktop. Has anyone seen an official response on any of these shuffle threads?
Please fix shuffle soundcloud. This bugs me constantly.
Userlevel 1
Ya, just came searching around about this. I can't suffle playlist or reposts and when I shuffle likes its only the first handfull of songs and I have liked well over a thousand songs.....
Crapy sound quality
Fake shuffle

It's like soundcloud wants people to leave the platform.

Beside that, Soundcloud is so amazing, it makes me sad.
The problem exists for both mobile and desktop platforms. It is quite the easy fix as well. Almost as simple as a "random number generator". Please fix.
Any news on this?
I'm getting annoyed up of SC only shuffling 15-20 songs from a playlist with over 100 ?
wtf this was made 11 months ago and it's still an issue!?!?! wth is wrong with soundcloud
This is a huge issue with one of the MOST basic things that you could possibly expect from anything that can play a list of music.

I like soundcloud but will not use it at all until this gets fixed.
A year later and this is still so annoying, maybe soundcloud made this to push everyone to mobile? maybe they get more money on mobile streams?? idk but im still praying maybe just maybe a fix will come before the Iphone 37 is released.