Question

Shuffle Function in Likes

Userlevel 1
So, I like to listen to my Soundcloud likes a lot on my browser. I like to shuffle them most of the time so I can re-hear music that I liked months/years ago. Although, when I shuffle my music, only most of my recent liked music is shuffled. I was wondering if there is a way I can change or the developers can change this, so I can shuffle all my likes randomly. If you have an answer to this please tell me. Thank you! 🙂

15 replies

I do not understand why this feature was taken away the code has already been written and it is still on the mobile app. It should not be hard to reinstate or reconfigure the code from the app's basis. Is there a licensing or advertising issue or something that else that is preventing you guys from re-implementing a feature many people enjoy, and will not impede people who do not care for it? It seems like common sense, so if there is a reason as to why it is not possible to re-implement this than I would love to know why. I understand that you may be "just a moderator" who is unable to do anything about this, is there any way you can direct me to someone who "can do something?"
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Currently, only the likes that have already been loaded will be included in the tracks that are shuffled. This is not something you can change in your settings unfortunately. I will forward your feedback around this to the relevant team.

Cheers
Mathis
This bothers me as well. Here's a thread where this was reported from a year ago and it still hasn't been addressed. https://soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud-on-your-computer-230066/shuffling-only-really-shuffles-a-few-songs-and-the-rest-are-left-down-at-the-start-my-likes-6715164
I am considering removing my Soundcloud Go subscription if this does not get changed!! Why am I paying ten dollars a month if I cant listen to my music how I want....
Hi there,

Currently, only the likes that have already been loaded will be included in the tracks that are shuffled. This is not something you can change in your settings unfortunately. I will forward your feedback around this to the relevant team.

Cheers
Mathis

that doesn't work either now

i've went and loaded all 400+ of my liked songs, shuffled multiple times... still the first 20 songs. really do need a fix
This seriously needs a fix, shuffles first 20 songs or so very annoying. This problem has been happening to me for over 6 months I thought something like this would be easily fixed by now. Reconsidering my Soundcloud Go at this point
Actually, this function is supported in a peculiar way. If you go to your "likes" tab, clear current playlist, and then click any song in "likes". All "likes" songs then are added to the playlist.... It's wierd, but it works.
Userlevel 3
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

This used to work, but it does not anymore. Can we get a fix?
Please, for goodness' sake, make a shuffle button that actually shuffles ALL of your likes. This is a fundamental function of music platforms. The fact that this still only shuffles the songs you have scrolled through to "load" via the lazy loading is a joke. Missing something simple like this is what will leave this platform falling behind. Hell, I would have had a paid memebership to SoundCloud long ago if this simple feature was available, but instead my money goes to a platform that allows me to shuffle a large randomized playlist of my choice.
Userlevel 2
Not anymore?, How do you know it works? A video or GIF explanation would be helpful as I cant seem to get it working.
Still nothing changed, really disappointing. Now it is removed completely and you can only shuffle via the play bar. It selects tracks almost chronological. This change made me distance myself more and more from soundcloud because im not very active in searching for new music now. I like more hearing through my old stuff and getting "nostalgical", but without this feature there is no comfort at all scrolling down all those pages and selecting music you can still all remember. You can remember the time and feelings connected to it so you kind of know what is played next. This takes most of the suprise effect which im going for when i want my playlist shuffled.

SoundCloud is still such a important platform to me, but many things theyve done worsen the experience respectively to the old days.
Blessed, thanks MoCHEN! That worked. Must be a caching issue.
Actually, this function is supported in a peculiar way. If you go to your "likes" tab, clear current playlist, and then click any song in "likes". All "likes" songs then are added to the playlist.... It's wierd, but it works.

I agree it works like that but the playlist herself do not shuffle correctly. It's seem that it's shuffleling by group of loaded songs. So the fix is to clear the current playlist, click on your last added like in the "likes" tab -> it add all your "likes" in your playlist, after that scroll the playlist to the bottom and then shuffle the playlist. It's a bit tricky so I'm working on a client side script that should do all these actions for me in one click and hope form Soundcloud a fix for the issue.
the function is supported but not functional to the extent that it is on the mobile app. on the mobile app, you can just hit the shuffle likes button and it will automatically load all the likes into your next up queue and play them on shuffle. this is not the case on desktop. as every time you want to do this you have to take extra steps (clearing your next up queue manually and then playing any song on shuffle in your liked playlist), which makes it a lot less convenient. the less actions a user has to take to perform a function, the better the interface feels. this "peculiar" way of functioning gives the desktop version a much more clunky feel than the mobile app.
Essential!!! 🛠️🧨🧨🧨