Question

Sign in with google doesn't work all the time

• 10 May 2016
  • 9 replies

Hello,
I'm using Opera 37 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) System. I also use Firefox 45 where i have the same problem:
The last days it's a bit random if i can sign in with google or not.
Initially i go to "soundcloud.com" and click in the upper right corner on the "sign in with google" button. Afterwards im getting (random?) either one or another sub-window.

Either i get this window where i can click on the red "Sign in with Google" button and all work fine for me:

Or i get this wondow where clicking on the sign in button will do nothing. Then i don't get another sub-window where i can login with my account data. Just nothing happens when i click the red button and i remain with this window:

What i've already done is cleaning both browsers (cookies, cache....) but i can't see any relations when the one or the other sub-window appear. Sometimes it helps to just wait some minutes, sometimes a restart helps or i can't use this way to sign in the whole day.

Alternative i use the web adress "soundcloud.com\login" where i can sign in with google without any problems.

Maybe one of you have an idea how my problem could be solved. It would be great if you can help me.

I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes i made. Feel free to correct me.

Thanks for reading and thinking about it 😉

9 replies

Userlevel 2
If nothing works sign in on this domain (soundcloudcommunity.com) and then go to soundcloud.com. Works for me.
I'm not sure what Soundcloud is doing, they have this issue for a couple of years now (I found out while trying to find a way to log in) And they still haven't fixed this.

If nothing works sign in on this domain (soundcloudcommunity.com) and then go to soundcloud.com. Works for me.
Thanks this works! But this shouldn't be the way to log in ofcourse.
Longest time for a reply ever, but if you enable third party cookies in your browser you'll find it works.

Source: Had the same problem and found this when Googling it 😃
Alex Lushiku's answer still works as of this date.
I found that if you go to cookies and go to blocked and allow google and google accounts then reload your page it should work! i hope it helps!
In my case, always accepting cookies was not a workaround.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1fQmBojioiiQpnMT2 includes a screen recording of the Google authentication routine failing for SoundCloud with Waterfox 56.1.0_7 on FreeBSD-CURRENT; I made numerous attempts, with varying symptoms, before that recording.

Eventually – long after a failed attempt – there appeared a prompt to allow pop-ups.

Maybe a timing issue? I wonder …

Possible cross-reference: Cannot log onto a site with Google+ …
I've been having the same issue for a while but I've only now been bothered to Google the issue, as this isn't my main PC, I'm not on it enough to care that much. I've been able to get it to work now thanks to some of the solutions in this thread, but what confuses me is how this is still a problem considering this post was made 2 years ago. Soundcloud devs need to get to work!!
I found that if you go to cookies and go to blocked and allow google and google accounts then reload your page it should work! i hope it helps!
i clicked allow ( actually more like left it on allow as it didnt block nothing ) and refreshed the page only to be greeted by the same red x on the cookie! also i can use google to log into here without issues, but like the OP i click login with google on soundcloud and wait for nothing!! 2 years later and the same issue still persists?! they need to up their game if they dont want spotify and audiomack taking over!
Thank you