Question

Some songs fade out after a minute

Some of my recently liked song, are no longer playing all the way. they cut off after a minute or two. The only thing I can think of is something the artists are doing on purpose. anyone else have this issue? this is happening on my pc, and my ios app

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dawson,

We don't do anything to force a track to fade out. If this is happening then it's because the creator intended this to happen. You can send me a link to an example if you want me to test it out for you :)

Cheers,
Gina
I am having the same issue. My playlist worked fine and now it cuts certain songs off before its finished.
Userlevel 1
I'm having the same issue. I've had it for over a year now actually. I use an android phone. And don't say try clearing the cache or try uninstalling coz I've already tried that.

I am having this same exact problem I have Spinnin Records guest Mix by Jauz shows over an hour and then when I go to play it it is only 1:30...... what the heck soundcloud?
Is there a solution to this??
This has been happening to myself and a friend, started in the past couple of weeks. Multiple devices both android and ios. Very annoying, please fix asap
Userlevel 1
It is extremely annoying. Because at first it was just one or two songs, now it's a significant number of songs in all of my playlists.
Hi Dawson,

We don't do anything to force a track to fade out. If this is happening then it's because the creator intended this to happen. You can send me a link to an example if you want me to test it out for you :)

Cheers,
Gina

ITS ON THE APP
Hi Dawson,

Cheers,
Gina

Only the app
Same exact thing with me! one of my favorite songs got cut off, it used to be about 3 mins, but now it only lasts about 20 sec.. I have an android, and i have tried everything i can like deleting the app. This is only on the app!
I'm deleting the songs from my playlists, likes, and reposts. I'm assuming they are doing it on purpose, so I'm not supporting their decision.
I'm deleting the songs from my playlists, likes, and reposts. I'm assuming they are doing it on purpose, so I'm not supporting their decision.
Don't! What gina said was incorrect, its a bug. Hopefully one that gets fixed soon. It is not the artist themselves.
I'm having the same issue. I've had it for over a year now actually. I use an android phone. And don't say try clearing the cache or try uninstalling coz I've already tried that.

Exactly what I am experiencing 😞

Yup
Thank god I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, I hope this is just a bug because it's starting to happen to more of my tracks, they are weirdly cut short.

EDIT: It's a 100% definite that it's a bug in the app. I have played the same tracks cut short on the app on SoundCloud through my mobile Web browser and plays the songs in full. It's definitely not the artists doing this. Annoying how some of my favourite songs are are getting cut off so abruptly. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

EDIT 2: To get around the fix for the time being, there's an app called 'MyCloudPlayer' designed to run off your Soundcloud account with dedicated Chromecast support (which is why I initially downloaded it). Songs play in full with no issues. It's available on Android, not too sure if it's available on iOS though. You can do a search on the Apple Store I guess.

Hope this helps.
Hi Dawson,

Cheers,
Gina

I am experiencing the same problem, first u had an ios device and everything worked good, then I switched to an android device and I will literally play a song on my ios device and no problem, but I'll play the same exact song from my Playlist on my android device and it cuts off. This is very frustrating
Hi Dawson,

Cheers,
Gina

Same prob ^^
Hi Dawson,

Cheers,
Gina

This has happened with more than one song. It's the most frustrating thing. I'm thinking about moving to Spotify
Hi Dawson,

Cheers,
Gina

Use MyCloudPlayer which also has dedicated chromecast support. No songs getting cut off or anything
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Just making sure this doesn't slip through your nets - this issue has now been solved. If you're still experiencing issue with particular tracks, please try logging out, clear the app's cache, restart your device, then try again.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Mathis
Great work!
Well I don't know because they say preview at the bottom of the screen when you play a song that fades out.
Hey hey,

Just making sure this doesn't slip through your nets - this issue has now been solved. If you're still experiencing issue with particular tracks, please try logging out, clear the app's cache, restart your device, then try again.

Cheers
Mathis

I did that on my computer and my phone and on both it's exactly still the same but on my phone when its about to fade there's an orange button that says 'HEAR FULL TRACK' and when I click on it it wants me to pay.
Hey hey,

Cheers
Mathis

That's what it seems to be, full tracks going into preview modus. If you want to hear the full track, you need to pay for the soundcloud go subcription. At least, that's what I read. If the preview modus of the track is done by the owner or by soundcloud itself, I don't know.

But a free soundcloud account seems to limit the songs.
Hey hey,

Cheers
Mathis

Will we always have to pay