Answered

soundcloud comments glitch

• 5 February 2017
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
I use a browser called Maxthon 5.
Every comment on every song looks like this.

Can you see any comments?

Here is information about the browser and my version.

Please fix this, it's been like this for a while, ever since the update that changed comments.
Alternatively, tell me if this is something that instead Maxthon should have the power to fix.
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by KILVA 8 April 2017, 17:54

Yes, it does seem to finally be fixed. At least these guys move faster than Google - I've had an issue posted on there for 2 months with 5 bumps and no replies.
View original

15 replies

Does anyone else have this problem?

When someone leaves a comment on a track, the first part of it is obstructed by the commenter's profile picture. So if the comment is really short, then it probably won't even be shown.

I tried opening up SoundCloud with other browsers and with other computers, but I still see the issue. The only way to see the whole comment is to open the SoundCloud app using my phone.
Userlevel 1
This problem has gone unnoticed long enough. Bump.
Userlevel 1
You, too? I can't believe neither of us have been answered, still. Horrible support - what browsers are you using?
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud-on-your-computer-230066/comments-are-partially-overshadowed-by-profile-pictures-7354290/index1.html#post17966688
so as of a couple months ago, my soundcloud comments have been looking like this. the profile always overlaps the comment on every single song. its not that big of an issue, but it gets kind of annoying when I'm trying to read comments and stuff and i can't read them at all.
thanks,
qq
bump
Same problem I thought I was the only one. Tried signing out and back in and everything. Been a while just dealing with it but it's getting annoying.
I have the same problem using IE 11.0.9600.18537 on Windows 7.

Been going on a while - very frustrating ...

Please fix it devs ...

Rob.
Userlevel 1
Bump
Userlevel 1
Bump.
Userlevel 1
You guys aren't the only ones, two other threads with the same problem have been unanswered for a week. Bump.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Can you provide further info around this issue please?

What device and operating system are you using?
What browser are you using (if applicable)
Which troubleshooting steps have you performed to see if this is an easy fix (clearing cache, disabling third party plugins / extensions, etc.)

This'll help us look into it, try and reproduce, and investigate.

Cheers
Mathis
See my details above for browser and O/S. Yes I have done all the usual things as you suggest. Full scan of computer with Anti malware etc - all clean. Looks like I am not the only one ... so this looks like a generic problem, not a local one.

Been in the computer biz since 1966, so troubleshooting has been my bread and butter for a long time. Seemingly nothing seems to fix this one. Looks like a coding error which has underestimated the size of the circular profile pictures. and there fore places the start of the comment in the wrong place.

Look forward to seeing this "annoyance " fixed.

dB
Userlevel 1
Hi there,

Can you provide further info around this issue please?

What device and operating system are you using?
What browser are you using (if applicable)
Which troubleshooting steps have you performed to see if this is an easy fix (clearing cache, disabling third party plugins / extensions, etc.)

This'll help us look into it, try and reproduce, and investigate.

Cheers
Mathis

I'm not sure who you're speaking to but most of us including myself the OP gave browser specifications. It had slipped my mind not to mention that I am using Windows 10 64bit.
My conclusion was the same as Mr. Bob's here as soon as I saw it, and I was hoping one of the staff would catch on to what it could be. An HTML oversight regarding vast browser compatibility.
It's fixed for me, at least for now. Don't want to jinx it. Anyone else?
Userlevel 1
Yes, it does seem to finally be fixed. At least these guys move faster than Google - I've had an issue posted on there for 2 months with 5 bumps and no replies.