Question

Soundcloud embed code not working on Internet Explorer but works on Google Chrome.

• 26 February 2015
  • 7 replies

Soundcloud embed code not working on Internet Explorer but works on Google Chrome.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there Lexmillian,

Thanks for reporting this on our help forum. Hmm, let's see - I've just opened this conversation in a Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 11 environment and was able to play the track just fine actually. Thus, may I ask you to specify which operating system and browser version it is that you're using? Also, have you embedded this track on your own website and can provide the link to your website? I'd be happy to follow up with you.

Cheers
Mathis
I'm experiencing this exact problem with my own website. I've have several playlists in Soundcloud of my own music, and I'd like to display those playlists in my website using the Embedded Player. The website was made using iWeb on the Mac. When I input the Soundcloud Player Embed code into the Widget, it works fine within: iWeb, Safari, Chrome (Win7 & Mac), Firefox (Win7 & Mac), but not Internet Explorer. When I try to view it on the Win7 PC in IE, the Soundcloud Widget just ends up appearing as a blank, grey rectangle, with the SOUNDCLOUD label and logo in the center.

The above image is what I see in Internet Explorer instead of the player.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I Igor,

Can you send over a link to your homepage? That way I'll be able to further investigate this for you from here.

Cheers
Mathis
Here it is:

http://percarus.wix.com/percarus#!work-samle/c1yzj
I also have this problem. I embedded my SoundCloud files on my website using Chrome on Windows 7 Enterprise. But they show up as just the blank rectangle with the logo in Internet Explorer 9 (same operating system). (Actually, they only show up at all in the preview version of our website-building page. They won't show up on the live site, but that's something I have to call the website-building people about.)

Did you end up solving this issue? If so, how?
Nope, can't solve the issue.