Answered

Soundcloud followers not going up?

• 15 August 2015
  • 28 replies

There is this really frustrating glitch that I have had for a while now. Despite me getting new followers, the follower count on my page isn't going up and I've been stuck at 104 for about a month now. I know other people and I really want a solution; and please not the edit page and then save one that I've seen being posted as I've tried it and it doesn't work.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 26 July 2019, 14:38

Hello,

Everyone who has reported wrong follower counts on their account: I've now triggered for your counts to be recalculated. This should show on your profile within 24 hours.

I am closing this topic for further comments to keep communication in one player moving forward.

If you are experiencing this bug and come across this topic: There is a new collective topic available here. Just report and we'll get to it as soon as possible.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Eskathon,

Thanks for posting on our help forum. The issue you're describing has been reported on the forum before. Unfortunately, there is no indication of this being a glitch on our end. Our developers have double checked this. You would typically loose followers if a) they decide to not follow you any longer, b) delete their account, or c) their account gets suspended (which often happens due to the fact that the accounts were spam or fake accounts).

Either way, I will make sure to pass on your report to our engineers to make sure we keep an eye out for possible bugs.
yea I'm having the same issue. not that its a big deal cause the people are still listening. it doesn't work/ count proper. you can't tell me that everyday i get new listeners that i have the same amount of people unfollowing. anyways it clearly is an issue. as well why not let us see who unfollows?

respectively,

L-E-ITT
Hi,

It's a bug, there is no doubt!
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/not-solved-followers-not-growing

Thanks
how to get a lot of follwers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
how to get a lot of follwers

Hi Marktwayne,

I suggest adding your tracks to groups, following people whose music you enjoy and leaving genuine comments on their tracks. All three of these things can lead people back to your profile and if they enjoy your music they will add and leave comments for you as well!

Additionally, here is a great guide for how to use SoundCloud to your advantage: http://on.soundcloud.com/creator-guide

I hope I was able to help! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 3
I am having the exact same problem, it's clearly a glitch/problem on sound clouds part.
I have the same issue, and it's definately a glitch. The last days i had more than 40 new followers and still the number is stuck at 480.
Last 2 weeks my follower count stuck too
people are following me but its stuck on 98
can you fix this
I have the same problem now since several days : the counter is stuck (with followers and following)... can you debug this ? thanks 🙂
Hi Eskathon,

Thanks for posting on our help forum. The issue you're describing has been reported on the forum before. Unfortunately, there is no indication of this being a glitch on our end. Our developers have double checked this. You would typically loose followers if a) they decide to not follow you any longer, b) delete their account, or c) their account gets suspended (which often happens due to the fact that the accounts were spam or fake accounts).

Either way, I will make sure to pass on your report to our engineers to make sure we keep an eye out for possible bugs.

hey im having this exact same issue..

i understand people follow and un follow and that numbers fluctuate daily but this issue is happening over last few weeks.. 298 followers since last thurs... 12 new followers in last 2 days.. they are ALL still following now (2 days later) but not registering on my followers number..? also same with my likes...:(

no new updates are taking place on my account...? my numbers haven't gone up since last thurs, who i follow isnt registering either and have to keep checking they arent unfollowed shortly after i click follow... this makes me look like an aggressive follower and i'm not! :((( i've had and subsequently lost quite a few cool people because of this issue.. when i follow them back it also un follows and i have to re follow... 😞 it is a huge problem for me.

As a musician, if you are serious about soundcloud as a means of making music your career or full time job, numbers ARE everything.
The number of followers directly impact how people view you, adding credibility and value to your brand/band or business. it also impacts who will follow or even listen to you.

Also, when you are in that early part of building a following and listeners, having a few new followers not register on your count.. maaan, 2 followers are EVERYTHING when you have 8...!? the pain lol

also the glitchy nature of soundcloud of late (2013 to date) is the only reason i stopped paying.. its very frustrating to have a service you pay for behave so unpredictably whether you pay or not.. usually paying entitles you to features you wouldn't otherwise get but when i pay, i always have more problems.. i.e logging in.. playing/uploading/deleting songs.. especially the deleting issue.. (songs not being deleted or randomly popping back up days/weeks after they were deleted 😃.. that one is a good one!)
never happens when i don't pay..

soundcloud is glitchy as hell and the speed of which status is updated is very poor. how does one fully utilise the features of stats and counters on here if you aren't even up to date? the stats re daily and inaccurate! likes dont show for days, this is often. this just isn't good enough and the main reason people are going elsewhere.. (like tunecore, audio mack etc..)

i don't wanna leave.. developers: perhaps stop running ahead trying to add new features/frills and get soundcloud functional on a basic level? it used to work great!

soundcloud is becoming less and less user friendly... also a massive put off to tell people that in order to acess forums you have to sign up to something?( 'get satisfaction") why wouldnt you make it as easy as possible for users to keep you informed and updated with glitches etc? thus helping developers keep a finger on the pulse as it were? i garuntee this is probably why more people arent bothering to say something.. perhaps you know this and its an intentional ploy to keep workload down?

since 2013 there has been a massive rise in glitchy behaviour, i assume from the sheer volumes of people now using the service? either way.. needs to be adressed.. first time ive complained or used forum in 7 years of soundcloud.. something is up here guys.

soundcloud lover, broken hearted 😞
I'm using soundcloud for 5 years and I'm having problems with followers count since last 2 weeks too.
I've got the same problem... a few days ago i had 101 followers and since then i got 4 or 5 new followers and it says i still have 101 followers, so nothing has changed. it doesn't make any sense.
I would be happy if soundcloud took care of this problem. thanks!
I've had the same problem for months now and i realize that theres unfollows or fake accounts but i receive at least 2 - 3 new followers daily and my account has been stuck at 125-127. One day its 125 another 127 and never exceeds that limit even with a constant of daily followers. I did notice that the site was under maintenance about a week ago for this problem and I'm still having the same issue
I've had the same problem for months now and i realize that theres unfollows or fake accounts but i receive at least 2 - 3 new followers daily and my account has been stuck at 125-127. One day its 125 another 127 and never exceeds that limit even with a constant of daily followers. I did notice that the site was under maintenance about a week ago for this problem and I'm still having the same issue
yeah i know that there's always unfollowers, but i added them all up and i should have 105 instead of previously 101. at least today soundcloud updated it to 103, but still not 105 😃 don't quite understand this, but it's not that big of a deal.
nevertheless it can be a bit annoying.
same here! I'm having problems with my followers count it to hasn't changed. I even have confirmation from family members following me and no count change if soundcloud doesn't address this issue soon I'm going to start informing everyone about the poor quality customer service I'm receiving from cloud, as well as not renewing my service I hope this site doesn't betray my trust.
The count of my followers does not change!! Between yesterday and today and had 10 followers but did not join!!! They could give me a solution!!!!
Same here! I follow a few accounts and the counter on the right goes up but the minute I refresh the page my following count is still the old value. Unless I have multiple personality disorder you guys definitely have a bug!
3 days ago and stagnated!! They answer that is by false accounts but is not a deficiency of this whore company!!!!
yep, i get a fair few followers every day and ive been stuck on 8401 followers for a few days....all my followers are real
Hi Eskathon,

I've been having this exact issue as well, but it doesn't just affect me. My friends' follower counts have been staying the same as well. I actually saw them accurately reflected with a higher number for a moment, and then they all reverted back to a lower number a second after. I've been stuck at 888 followers for a while, yet I've had notifications of new followers a plenty. They even show up in my followers list if i go looking, as well as the recent followers list. The only thing not being updated on all platforms is the count number, which is very annoying. I'm not gonna renew my subscription if the way you guys handle this is just to say "it's just spam." It's not spam. IT'S A BUG YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX. PLEASE FIX IT.
just in the past few days ive noticed new followers are not being counted all of a sudden. what can i do to fix? ive cleared my cache and cookies...what else could be going on to make my count stick?? please help.
loads of people saying that we have a problem with the followers and they say that there is no problem. I have been stuck in the same number for months probably a year now. If your answer to this is that people unfollow me, then tell me why I never go below 278? Why is it that everytime I lose followers I go back to 278 and not less? Maybe your answer to this is that 278 loves me and we get along great, maybe it's a sign from the gods or even better, I am hallucinating. Yes there is a problem, you are lying to everyone.
yeah I'm stuck at 0 and I have almost 1000 followers. I am friends with musicians in a few communities that I know follow me and I regularly comment on songs. All of my followers can't be spam haha I know some of them and asked them to unfollow and refollow to no avail. When I click on my 0 followers, I can see the followers as well..... I'm pretty sure that's a glitch of some kind.
Userlevel 5
PLEASE BE HONEST, and CHANGE the label of this thread to "ACKNOWLEDGED" because it is not solved. As a paid user I have spent the past 4 or 5 months in the dark as to who my fan base is. This is a total nightmare for those who are paid pro users. If the website was going to be this unstable, please keep it free. In the meantime, I would appreciate a way to request a partial refund of my subscription fee that was paid in good faith.
I have been documenting this issue with statistics since December 2015.

Thanks VERY MUCH
Lou
Hi Eskathon,

You can't lose 600 followers and think they just decided to unfollow you at the same time. I am getting frustrated at this as well.