Question

SoundCloud has rearranged some of my tracks

A few of my tracks have been placed out of order. Tracks I put up months ago are now at the top of my profile over my latest tracks. I'd like SoundCloud to resolve this, or I need to know what caused this to happen. Seems like a glitch

14 replies

It's still putting my tracks out of order
Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Hi Jay,

Yes, it does look like the issue has re-surfaced unfortunately, I have already fired another "heads up" over to Mathis & Gina as some other users are also reporting the same issue on the forums. That said, some are reporting it to be fixed so it looks like some work is going on behind the scenes.

Again, please bear with it, its not being ignored.
Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay in response, I probably could've gotten this out 30 minutes earlier but couldn't help but to chill out a bit to the tunes on Jay's profile!

Thanks RIP for flagging this in an email to us. You were right in admitting you didn't know what the problem was because turns out this was a weird glitch that popped up when we were performing some backend maintenance. Our engineers took a look and published a fix.

@Jay, could you take a look and verify that correct order has indeed been reinstalled? If it still looks off then hit us up so we can a take another loook.

Glad I could jump in to provide some more info here :)

Best,
Gina

Haha I appreciate all the love
Thanks for the compliment man. It's a weird thing. The track it says I put up 23 hours ago I really uploaded about 3-4 weeks ago, and some tracks it says I put up 5-6 days ago I really put about 2 months ago. My latest upload is the Nicki Minaj track, and then the ASAP Rocky, and then the Drake. Its put a few tracks out of order from the way I've uploaded them. I hope that better explains it. And to answer your question, I see it when viewing my profile
Ok thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the compliment man. It's a weird thing. The track it says I put up 23 hours ago I really uploaded about 3-4 weeks ago, and some tracks it says I put up 5-6 days ago I really put about 2 months ago. My latest upload is the Nicki Minaj track, and then the ASAP Rocky, and then the Drake. Its put a few tracks out of order from the way I've uploaded them. I hope that better explains it. And to answer your question, I see it when viewing my profile
Hi Jay,

Things should be back to normal now, after our developers have fixed a bug that would show some tracks out of the reverse chronological order. If you're still seeing this differently, please try logging out, clear your cache and cookies, then try again.

If it is still out of order, please take a screenshot and send it over so we can take another look together.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 6
Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay in response, I probably could've gotten this out 30 minutes earlier but couldn't help but to chill out a bit to the tunes on Jay's profile!

Thanks RIP for flagging this in an email to us. You were right in admitting you didn't know what the problem was because turns out this was a weird glitch that popped up when we were performing some backend maintenance. Our engineers took a look and published a fix.

@Jay, could you take a look and verify that correct order has indeed been reinstalled? If it still looks off then hit us up so we can a take another loook.

Best,
Gina

Thanks Gina :)

Appreciate you checking into this, also appreciate certain comments from another user have been removed, was not pleasant to see that on here.

@Jay, hope everything is back in order for you mate...although you see what your music is doing? chilling everyone out so much that even Gina is 30 mins behind schedule now! haha!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi guys,

Best,
Gina
Ok thanks brother
Userlevel 6
Just fired an email over to them now for you, again, bear with them as they not staffed 24/7 but they will check into it for you 🙂
Userlevel 6
No worries fella, most of my time is spent making or listening to very manic hardcore breakbeat rave so it was nice to chill to your beats for a while 🙂 Its only a shame im in the UK & its raining and windy here, otherwise it would be perfect "relaxing the sun" music :)

aaah! I see, so even though the tracks seem to be in order (to someone like me who won't know what order you uploaded in), that's not actually the case. As you say, weird! I had initially thought it was what you were seeing from your own stream as if someone you follow re-posts one of your tracks they appear at the top of your stream (or where ever depending when they were re-posted) & could potentially give an "out of order" look.
I will hold my hand up & say that I'm stumped on this one. It will probably need someone with access to the back end systems at soundcloud to see what may have happened here...I don't work for Soundcloud myself, I just like to help out on this forum where I can but it does mean certain information & systems are not within my reach.

I will run this past Mathis and Gina who are the main Soundcloud forum guys over in Germany as they have access to all the back end systems and see if they can shed any light on this for you. It may take a little while as they are quite snowed under with a recent bug causing "likes" to vanish on some users tracks , but bear with them, your tracks are up & available which is the main thing, just out of sequence.

Apologies I can't give you a direct resolution on this myself, some things that look complicated end up being very simple and visa versa, but you don't know until you have a go at dealing with it!

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 6
Hi Jay,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

I checked out your profile (liking your sounds by the way, its not the sort of thing I would usually listen to but you're sounding real good man, keep it up!)

On your public profile everything, as far as I can tell, appears to be in chronological order. Is it what you see in your own stream or when you view your profile that tracks appear out of order? If you still having the issue, is there any chance you can post up a screen shot of what you are seeing? it may help identify what is going on.

Regards

DJ R.I.P