Solved

Soundcloud keeps utilizing soundstream even when no track is played

• 26 March 2018
  • 9 replies

Hello community,

I am experiencing an odd issue the last few weeks. Soundcloud keeps my sound stream utilized constantly regardless if a track is played or not. this behavior consequently doesn't allow my PC to sleep after a certain time of inactivity. overriding this request to my system is not an oprion because i don't want my pc to sleep when indeed a track is played.

I have tried Mozila, Chrome, explorer, on Windows 10 on 2 different systems, the behavior though remains the same.

Has anybody else experienced something similar? is it possible Soundcloud support advice on this topic?

Regards
Angelos
icon

Best answer by Tom Jenkinson 26 March 2018, 17:43

@AnGeLo P. thanks for reporting this. We will look into it. You are right it does not make sense to keep the output active whilst the player is paused.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
@AnGeLo P. thanks for reporting this. We will look into it. You are right it does not make sense to keep the output active whilst the player is paused.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@AnGeLo P. interesting what version of firefox are you running? We might need to create a ticket there.
@AnGeLo P. interesting what version of firefox are you running? We might need to create a ticket there.
Hi Tom,

i am using the 64bit version, so this might be a reason why the behaviour is different on the other browsers.

The exact version is 59.0.2 (64-bit).

Personally i am very happy from your support so far, so even you can't resolve it any further am fine 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @AnGeLo P. this should be fixed now if you restart your browser to make sure you are on the latest version.
Hey @AnGeLo P. this should be fixed now if you restart your browser to make sure you are on the latest version.

Hi Tom,

thanks a lot for your response, i see a slight improvement however to me it doesn't look fully fixed yet. When i load the soundcloud page, the sound stream is not utilized (which was not happening when i reported this) however, if you try to play a track and you pause it the sound stream appears again on power interruptions even after 5 minutes after you have stopped the track. Only if i refresh the page the interruption disappears.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@AnGeLo P. interesting I will check a few more things tomorrow and get back to you.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@AnGeLo P. please can you check the audio tab in chrome://media-internals

When nothing has been playing for 30 seconds or so there should be no output streams or controllers. Is this the case for you?

When playing there should be an output stream and output controller.

Thanks
@AnGeLo P. please can you check the audio tab in chrome://media-internals

When nothing has been playing for 30 seconds or so there should be no output streams or controllers. Is this the case for you?

When playing there should be an output stream and output controller.

Thanks

Hi Tom,
Chrome, explorer and edge are working fine, when i stop the track after few seconds sound stream is not utilized, in Mozilla though the behaviour remains the same the sound stream remains utilized no matter how long you have stopped the track . Nevertheless very good job Tom and i am really happy that you took care of it so quick.
Thanks a lot Tom for the prompt reaction.