Question

Soundcloud not notifying bans.

• 15 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Soundcloud doesn't notify me when I've been banned, I've been banned from following people multiple times without ANY notification. I could only follow about 25 people before I got banned at times. Why is it I get banned for DAYS for following over 30 people?! This is ridiculous, people on Soundcloud should be able to follow more than just the minuscule amount of people I've followed (about 25 people) which has resulted in my long term bans that seem unjustified and unfair. Until you make it so I can follow more people without getting banned, I will no longer be using your services, and I would like for a moderator to direct me on canceling my pro service immediately. I suggest you do something about these bans soon, I've notice this same complaint coming from many other users, so it would be great if Soundcloud employees would actually act on this.
Finally, do not waste my time with responding to my question with this link: http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2167073-can-t-follow-other-users?b_id=9644

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I've looked into this for you and you've actually run into your third block due to following too many users on a daily basis. Please make sure to review our article on feature use policies to understand why we have these limits in place and to prevent any further blocks on your account.

All the best
Mathis
Hi there,

I've looked into this for you and you've actually run into your third block due to following too many users on a daily basis. Please make sure to review our article on feature use policies to understand why we have these limits in place and to prevent any further blocks on your account.

All the best
Mathis

Regardless of your policies, you still fail to understand the point of my argument which is that Soundcloud fails to notify me with ban warnings. How am I able to assume how many people I can follow daily with no warning what so ever? I've already accepted the fact that there is a follower limit daily, that's fine. I am not fine with the fact that you responded to me with an article that didn't help me with my issue at all. Let me make this simple for you, even though I've repeated myself on this action numerous times: SOUNDCLOUD DOES NOT NOTIFY ME WITH WARNING MESSAGES OF POTENTIAL BAN FROM FOLLOWING A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PEOPLE.

When you are being warned that you may end up in a block soon, you will see this message:

This image comes straight from the unhelpful article you linked me to. It says: "When you are being warned that you may end up in a block soon, you will _see this message."

Your article directly specifies that I WILL receive a warning message. I am currently on my fourth block as of the time of writing this, and I haven't received this message EVER. Also, like I stated in my previous message, I want a moderator to direct me on cancelling my Pro service, I'm not going to pay for an additional service if you cannot solve my current issues effectively. Finally, do not respond to me with the same link.

_Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

All the best
Mathis

Hi there,

Just realized we didn't get back to you on this. I can understand your frustration over this and we do acknowledge your thorough report, which I have forwarded to our Trust & Safety team for review.

Thank you again and all the best,
Mathis
Excellently written, Shark God.

I apologize for reviving such a long dead thread, but I can’t help but note the relevancy it still holds in regards to banning policies.

I just received what I believe was my second ban for liking too many songs in too short a time. I understand why the policy’s in place and actually appreciate it, however as aforementioned by Shark a simple notification or warning of an approaching ban would make the policy much more agreeable. Otherwise I end up liking one too many songs and not being able to like any more for days! But then I just start building up a list of songs to add and it becomes a vicious cycle!

So please, forward our wishes for a functional warning notification to whomever appropriate. It would be greatly appreciated.

your sweetest sauce