Answered

Soundcloud not playing music in Opera and Brave.

• 2 October 2019
  • 2 replies

As of last week(?) I have been unable to play any music from Soundcloud on my computer. The song plays and it says that sound is playing but there's no sound. The song is silent. I have tried this in both Opera and Brave browsers. I can play music and other sounds in the browser fine it seems to be just soundcloud. Youtube works good on both browsers, as well as Spotify web player. For some reason Soundcloud just isn't playing any sound. Additionally when I try on Waterfox or Explorer, Soundcloud plays fine.

The songs do play on the browser but you can't hear them. I've already checked the web players volume, my system volume (which works fine everywhere else), incognito mode on both browsers, disabling extensions (all I have is TabHamster which shouldn't affect Soundcloud and uMatrix which I have turned off for Soundcloud) and cleared all cookies and user data. I'll concede the only thing I haven't tried yet was to cleanly re-install Opera or Brave but I would rather not yet. Any ideas?

Opera Version:63.0.3368.94
Brave Version: 0.68.138

Edit: Did another 2 tests. The same issue occurs with playing with no sound when I try used an embed Soundcloud player on another website as well as using the Soundcloud embed player on Discord.
icon

Best answer by Harpagos 3 October 2019, 01:19

I-I don't know what happened?! Still on the same version of Opera but it just works now. Brave and Discord are also working now. Weirdest glitch. I don't need help anymore though.
View original

2 replies

I can't edit the post but after some more research it seems like Discord, Opera and Brave are all based on Chromium. Explorer and Waterfox aren't. Dunno if that can help or not.
I-I don't know what happened?! Still on the same version of Opera but it just works now. Brave and Discord are also working now. Weirdest glitch. I don't need help anymore though.