Answered

Soundcloud randomly pauses playback on website.

• 19 September 2017
  • 12 replies

I am a SoundCloud Pro Unlimited user.
Starting today, playback of my own tracks randomly pauses on the website.
For instance - a track I made called Tattoo is 7:33 long, but playback paused all by itself at 3:21 and 7:03.
It is very frustrating to be reviewing my own material and continually having to hit play multiple times per song.

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (version 6.1.7601; build 7601)
Service pack: Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Physical memory: 7.7 GB
Audio: Conexant SmartAudio HD
Browser: Firefox 55.0.3 32-bit

What needs to be done so that Soundcloud can make it through an entire song without stopping?
icon

Best answer by Vagenda 22 December 2017, 21:50

This hasn't happened in the last month or so. No changes to account for it starting to work correctly that I know of on my end. This also happened in the fall of 2015 and after about three weeks, stopped happening then as well. Very strange.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @Vagenda. Does it always pause at the same place on each track? Is there an error message? Have you left another device playing at the same time?

Thanks!
Hi Tom,

Inconsistent results as far as when it pauses.
No error messages displayed.
Hitting play resumes without error messages.
No other devices in play in this dynamic.

It didn't do it last night, but that was on a different PC.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @Vagenda thanks. Please can you send the link to a track that pauses and I will try and reproduce it.
It was doing it to any track I was listening to yesterday in 3 to 4 minute intervals.
At first I thought it was only happening on my new track, but then as it continued playing, it continued to pause randomly across other tracks of my own, and tracks belonging to others.
The 3 to 4 minute interval was the closest thing to a pattern I could determine. It was never an exact interval, but it was consistently within that range.

That said:
https://soundcloud.com/vagenda/vagenda-2017-sons-of-lillith-23-tattoo-wip2

It did occur on this track this morning. I closed Soundcloud and played the local file instead afterwards.
Userlevel 4
Badge
I can't reproduce at the moment I'm afraid. Please check you don't have soundcloud open in another tab. Would be interesting to see if anyone else is having this issue.
I just listened to two songs straight through without a pause as well. No other SoundCloud tabs were open yesterday, this morning, or just now. SoundCloud also was not running on any of the other 4 PC's at home at the time.

For what it is worth, this happened to me once before on my main PC, which is a Windows 10 Pro machine (Intel Core i7-4790, 64GB RAM, Boot volume = 1x1TB SSD, Storage = 2x512 SSD RAID 0 + 4x4TB SSD RAID 10, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, nVidia GTX 1070). It seemed to have resolved itself after being very frustrating for a few weeks.

This is the first time it happened since then, and this time on a Windows 7 Pro Laptop.

While typing this I made it through a 3rd song without a repeat, which I can't explain since it was consistent all day yesterday and on my first attempt to use SoundCloud this morning... very strange.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Ok thanks for the update. If in a few days it is still happening or it starts happening more often please ping me and we can look into it further.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Vagenda are you still having this problem?
This hasn't happened in the last month or so. No changes to account for it starting to work correctly that I know of on my end. This also happened in the fall of 2015 and after about three weeks, stopped happening then as well. Very strange.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Vagenda thanks for the update. I marked this as resolved but if it happens again please let us know again here.
@Vagenda thanks for the update. I marked this as resolved but if it happens again please let us know again here.

Hey Tom I am having this issue for about the last week on both my web browser and on my android phone. It pauses at random times with random songs. Sometimes 2 to 3 times per song.
Userlevel 4
Badge
hey @Alex Deadmond we only allow streaming on one device at a time, so it might be this.

Do you get an error message on the website when playback stops?

Please could you try logging out everywhere and then log back into the website and see if this problem happens?

Thanks