Soundcloud Windows 10 Beta bug

• 25 January 2018
  • 8 replies

It seems like the new Soundcloud client does not like to play music through bluetooth on my laptop. The app crashes immediately after I press play when connected to my bluetooth earbuds. Once bluetooth is turned off and the default integrated speakers are used, the app does not crash after pressing the play button. I have attached a gif] showing the crashes.

8 replies

I have the same exactly issue here... A solution soon would be very thoughtful soundcloud 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this. Sorry to hear this is an issue. We currently have very limited engineering resources for the Microsoft app unfortunately, so I cannot provide an estimate for when this can be addressed, but rest assured we've passed on your reports to our engineers.

Best
Mathis
Here's an answer! I had this problem a while ago but this seemed to fix it.

What you need to do is unplug your audio device and plug it back in. If you use speakers then maybe restart or unplug if you can. Then what you need to do is go to Audio > Playback Devices and disable all of the other audio devices on there apart from the one you use.

Hopefully this works for all of you because it worked for me! 😃
I have the same problem but instead my audio device is USB wireless (Corsair Void Pro Wireless RGB SE). I've found a somewhat solution; if you change your audio device to something wired (in my case my monitor speakers/audio jack) and change it back then it works. But once the song changes/goes to the next track it completely crashes.

I'm using the windows app so I have the keyboard media keys compatibility which IS available on firefox (what i'm using), but it isn't global. Which means that if i'm on my desktop changing/pausing the track won't be available which is a major inconvenience to me and many other people.

I really love soundcloud and hope for you guys to fix these random bugs in the future!
If you are getting this type of problem then you can reset or restore your laptop. After restoring it does not create any problem like this. While using windows 10 store if any kind of error occur in terms of code and you are unable to fix this error code then visit this link 0x80070422 to know how you can remove this error.
Click here http://fixwindows10connections.com for the bluetooth connection in windows 10.
Does anyone else have a problem when trying to open the client for Soundcloud? When I try to open it, the client crashes on the loading screen?
I have the same problem but instead my audio device is USB wireless (Corsair Void Pro Wireless RGB SE). I've found a somewhat solution; if you change your audio device to something wired (in my case my monitor speakers/audio jack) and change it back then it works. But once the song changes/goes to the next track it completely crashes.

I'm using the windows app so I have the keyboard media keys compatibility which IS available on firefox (what i'm using), but it isn't global. Which means that if i'm on my desktop changing/pausing the track won't be available which is a major inconvenience to me and many other people.

I really love soundcloud and hope for you guys to fix these random bugs in the future!

did your ever find a solution