Answered

Soundcloud won't play tracks

• 26 January 2018
  • 8 replies

I log in to Soundcloud, select a track and hit play - and then I see 3 dots cycling - and that is all that happens. No music. Happens on every track. What am I doing wrong?
icon

Best answer by Cüneyt Türksen 31 January 2018, 14:03

Thanks @Tom Jenkinson, I have tried to disable suspected chrome extensions one by one (it took a while), and found the faulty one. It was an extension to stop HTML5 auto-play. Things are OK after removing the extension. Thank you for your swift reply. 😃
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @Villageac do you have the same problem if you use an incognito window? You might have an extension installed that is breaking playback.

What browser, browser version and OS are you using?

Thanks.
Hi Tom. I am having the same issue, it just says 'buffering' and nothing further happens. I am using standard IE11 with no plug-ins etc on a windows7 pc. Please help!
Same here @Tom Jenkinson. Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit), Windows 10. Playback is possible only in "incognito" mode. Soundcloud Microsoft Application (Beta) works fine. I tried to disable couple extensions but it did not work. What do you recommend?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @Cüneyt Türksen please could you
- refresh the page
- try and play something

Does it still work after the refresh?

Thanks
Thanks @Tom Jenkinson, I have tried to disable suspected chrome extensions one by one (it took a while), and found the faulty one. It was an extension to stop HTML5 auto-play. Things are OK after removing the extension. Thank you for your swift reply. 😃
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Cüneyt Türksen great! Please can you provide a link to the autoplay extension that was blocking playback?

Chrome is introducing some form autoplay blocking itself, so you might find you don't actually need the extension anymore.

Thanks
Tom I resolved my issue too, it appears your software prefers Firefox above IE11.
Im not making a reply but i have a problem, no tracks are able to play. I am paying for the service and get no service. Why?