Question

Stolen Music - Being Sold by 3rd Party

This website is ripping profiles and music from soundcloud and selling it illegally.

http://mininova.hu/

Search for your soundcloud name and see for yourself.

Soundcloud users, I urge you to contact soundcloud and tell them to take legal action.

This is unacceptable.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for the heads up BS. I checked out the site and all of my sound-cloud work is posted there. If he is generating any income from this,the legal department a Getty Images Music (they licence my work) will be contacting him. Looking for payment.
Hi Scott,

Just to confirm, our Trust and Safety team is investigating.

-Gina
Thanks for the heads up BS. I checked out the site and all of my sound-cloud work is posted there. If he is generating any income from this,the legal department a Getty Images Music (they licence my work) will be contacting him. Looking for payment.
Thanks Gina.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Sure thing Scott, sorry again that you experienced this!
Action needs to be taken! This is the work of low life scum! To take profits away from big musicians is bad enough. But to take away profits from unknown artists who may not even be making a profit is disgusting and enrages me! Please take action now!
Userlevel 5
Hey Bryan,
Huge thanks for reporting this. I hope soundcloud looks into this seriously.
For the record, I did visit the site. Checked for my own music although I didn't believe they would have downloaded from a low caliber internationally unknown producer, but I was wrong. However, I could not found any 'buy links' for my own music and remixes, but that might by only because I am no 'big' name and I haven't searched for other tracks, so it is possible that they do attempt to sell more well known artists.
They sure have 'download' links to all of the tracks they have included from my profile. I noticed they only 'distribute' low quality versions of downloads, which I really dislike. The site seem to query all the comments and likes I made and all the comments on my own tracks ( remixes). they also seem to query the number of plays on each track and so on . However, the downloads are not redirected to soundcloud, because as I mentioned, their versions of the tracks are low quality mp3 unlike the downloads that I enabled on soundcloud.
I am hopeful, the soundcloud team looks into this, as I am not interested in being presented in this way, with low quality versions, while giving the impression there is traffic to their site by pulling out all the info and activity from soundcloud. Plus, I have no saying what so ever as of how my profile looks over there etc. I am using almost exclusively soundcloud for my music. I am sure many others would see this the same way I do, just like Bryan as well.
The whole issue makes me want to disable the downloads on all my tracks, which I don't want to, but I also don't want to be a 'pawn' somebody's 'free music scheme' , considering I've never even been asked if I'd like to be on that website.
Also, the site seems to be search engine for torrents- which I have nothing against, but it makes me wonder if I didn't get some viruses or even worse while visiting.
IK
Userlevel 1
Is Soundcloud doing anything about this? It is possible to download from minnova.hu which should NOT be allowed. Please assure us that you are doing something.
Userlevel 5
Also, it seems to me, the website is not streaming through the soundcloud api when one plays a track, but rather playing their own low quality versions. I thought, I'd mention this.
IK
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Bryan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We share your concerns about this illegal activity. We do not approve of this kind of service, it directly violates our API Terms of Use.

I reported the link to our Trust and Safety team which will contact the site. Thanks for your help in the fight against API abuse on SoundCloud, we really do appreciate it.

Best,
Gina

https://soundcloud.com/morevocals ---This page is really fishy. They sell stem files and tracks done by mysterious artists. If you check out their website: https://sellfy.com/morevocals/men/ ---They feature artists ONE OF THEM WITH THE EXSACT NAME AND LOOK AND STYLE as me, a Toronto born artist.

Each bio says that the artist is trying to keep confidential and it all seems very fishy to me.
I found out about this when a fan messaged me saying that she downloaded my music from this fake fraudulent company and I said that it wasn't my music.

I have tried to speak to SOUNDCLOUD but when I click to report an issue, it says the report page is no longer available.
Can someone please look into this for me. I have emailed the company and a man called Stan is communicating with me saying he will bring up my concerns in a big meeting they will be having.
It all sounds fake fake fake.
Thanks,

Ryan Field