Question

Stopping soundcloud automatically playing my oldest playlist after playing newest song

• 23 December 2014
  • 5 replies

Hi Soundcloud, when I upload a new song and then play it on my profile, soundcloud automatically then starts playing my oldest playlist/set after my newest song finishes whereas I would much prefer it to continue playing my most recent songs/playlists after the new one. How do I make this happen?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there Mike,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see - First things first, I see that you have set up your Spotlight feature to show your older playlists. However, when you start to play one track on your profile, the tracks should run through one after the other from top to bottom. For instance, when I play Mike Dennis - Travel Light, the next track that plays is Mike Dennis - He's Just Nice. Is this not the case for you?

Other then that, it looks like it has been a few months before you started to publish tracks on SoundCloud again. Thus, in order to make sure that users see your most recent work straight away when they visit your profile, I'd recommend to remove some of the playlists from the Spotlight feature (removing them from the spotlight won't delete the track / playlists themselves) and add your most recents works to your Spotlight.

I'd say take a look at this article on our help center to learn more / refresh your memory about Spotlight, if in doubt 🙂 http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/802873-what-is-spotlight-how-does-it-work-

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll have limited coverage in our help forum over the holidays, but I'll make sure to pop in every now and then to see what's up.

Cheers,
Mathis
Thanks for your reply Mathis. This has been some help.

However, I've updated my spotlight now and it does indeed play as you've said it would. But the problem actually occurs when I click on, for example, "Mike Dennis - Travel Light". After this finishes playing, it automatically starts playing my oldest playlist. I noticed that when it started playing the old playlist, a notification came up that said "now playing recommended tracks" and when investigating that, it appeared that people had recommended all of the tracks in this playlist. Whilst this is great (!), I would much prefer the player to default to the next most recent track when the most recent track has finished playing.

Is there any way to do this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

However, I've updated my spotlight now and it does indeed play as you've said it would. But the problem actually occurs when I click on, for example, "Mike Dennis - Travel Light". After this finishes playing, it automatically starts playing my oldest playlist. I noticed that when it started playing the old playlist, a notification came up that said "now playing recommended tracks" and when investigating that, it appeared that people had recommended all of the tracks in this playlist. Whilst this is great (!), I would much prefer the player to default to the next most recent track when the most recent track has finished playing.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for following up on this. Ok, I see - the recommended tracks are actually a feature on SoundCloud and this then is expected behavior. I'll try to explain this a bit further:

The tracks are selected by an algorithm that returns recommendations through a network of relations and interactions on SoundCloud (for example a user liked a track, a user followed another user, a track is reposted etc.). The recommendations for a track can be both directly or indirectly related to tracks in this network.

Unfortunately, there's not a way to remove or change recommended tracks from your individual sound's page at this time. Our developers are currently working on ways to improve the related sounds feature to be more relevant to your profile and uploaded sounds. I will go ahead and forward your concern about recommended tracks for our engineers to consider, as your interest in SoundCloud and your ability to use it properly is important to us.

All the best to you, and Merry Christmas :-)

Cheers,
Mathis

I would prefer that you dont spam me with cruddy music. If you cant do that because of your KPI nonsense then I will just not use your anti-social service.

( I when I mean cruddy music, what I explicitly want to hear is SILENCE )

( Its a fantasy for you guys to think that you can satisfy my musical desires or that an algorithm out there exists that can do this - so dont try.)

I will delete my acocunt and bad mouth you to everyone if you wont stop pooping in my ears

There are other services - and your is unusable if you auto poop in the ear
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Leo,

I saw that you deleted your SoundCloud account, we're sorry to see you go but I understand this was a deal breaker for you. I wanted to check in with you, did you want us to go ahead and delete this forum account for you as well? I'm assuming you no longer want to participate here. Let me know and I will take care of it for you right away.

Best wishes,
Gina