Question

The Followed and The Following

• 22 January 2015
  • 8 replies

This is not a HUGE problem but I have noticed people out there ''following'' others then ''unfollowing'' in a bid to gain more listeners or to look bigger by having more people following them whilst not actually following many users themselves. I think it might be useful to have a similar set up that Twitter uses where you can see if people are following you or if they've simply followed, waited for you to follow back, then unfollowed you (then repeated the process on others). Again this isn't a major problem, I just think it would be really useful to the users to be aware of who is following them or who might just be trying to pull more followers.

Thanks 🙂

8 replies

Userlevel 5
In a way it makes sense. But when you really think about it... If we all stopped following others, just because they followed us, then we would not need such a feature, right? lol
I mean I know how it is, I catch my self following others, because they followed me sometimes, but I try to not do that unless I really like their sounds or expertise, or want to network with them. You know what I mean?
I hope this makes sense.\
Greets.
IK
Chris, your right it is not such a big deal, playing music is more important, but l understand people are concerned about it. The thing is, maybe a lot of people follow someone, but , like me , l follow people because l dig their music, usually up to a 100, l wish l could follow more, but , why follow someone if you can't listen to them all , time wise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi all,

Just to provide you with some more information about this. There is a limit to number of follow actions one can take in a single day, One reason for this limit is to prevent users or spammers from committing a series of follow/unfollow actions. While we cannot fully control user's intentions for following we're aware of this behaviour and trying our best to curve it.

Thanks for your thoughts and input on this.

Best,
Gina
Both very good points, I appreciate your feedback and I do agree with both of you. The angle I was trying to come from was more towards how people try to rack up lots of followers whilst actually spending 0 time listening to anyone else, simply for the bigger stats. Considering how time might refrain people from being able to listen to over 100 or so users is an interesting point, as well as the ''follow you, follow me'' point from the first post about how if everyone followed back it would make the feature pointless.

Thanks for the input, well received.
Hi all,

Just to provide you with some more information about this. There is a limit to number of follow actions one can take in a single day, One reason for this limit is to prevent users or spammers from committing a series of follow/unfollow actions. While we cannot fully control user's intentions for following we're aware of this behaviour and trying our best to curve it.

Thanks for your thoughts and input on this.

Best,
Gina

Thanks for the response and I appreciate your efforts,

Have a good one! :)

Chris.
Oh... so that’s why so many people follow me ! Even when their music is completely different from mine.
Oh... so that’s why so many people follow me ! Even when their music is completely different from mine.

I get a tad miffed Habi when I click the follower and they have no music or one song and they are a real DJ while me ... Im a pseudo one, a GREAT music chooser, and taste wise who KNOWS good music and the ppl like too...one x said 'you're the dj' i'm Darla so I thought of DjD 🙂
In a way it makes sense. But when you really think about it... If we all stopped following others, just because they followed us, then we would not need such a feature, right? lol
I mean I know how it is, I catch my self following others, because they followed me sometimes, but I try to not do that unless I really like their sounds or expertise, or want to network with them. You know what I mean?
I hope this makes sense.\
Greets.
IK

yeah, makes perfect sense. a follow should be becouse you like the music. cant think of any other valid reason honestly..