Question

Theres an AD literally after every song

Userlevel 2
For the past 2 days I have been getting an Ad literally after every song, including simply when I change songs. This has to be a glitch because no other service has an ad every other song. I am NOT ranting about ads in general but after every song is excessive. Please give me an answer to this issue and not go on about how ads support artists and to pay for a subscription instead. This did not happen before so I am wondering why all of a sudden? Plus can you please get rid of these "Real Cost Tobacco" ads, that is literally the only ad Soundcloud plays and its pathetic I don't smoke and I doubt people who do will change their mind with that stupid ad.

Thank you

30 replies

I've been having this issue too recently, it's extremely annoying ugh. I tried restarting my computer and it temporarily stopped, but then the ads started becoming excessive again. So if you wanna stop it for a bit, it'll stop but I have no long term solution unless you want to restart your computer all the time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Please see here to learn why there are ads on SoundCloud in the first place: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003447287-Ads-on-SoundCloud-

For an ad free experience, you can upgrade to our SoundCloud Go or SoundCloud Go+ subscription. https://soundcloud.com/go

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 2
Problem number 1: I'm getting 30+ second ads after every song or two. Problem number 2: 95% of the ads I get are the stupid WestJet ones. Problem number 3: I keep getting ads even when I'm skipping tracks. Often times I will be getting two minutes of ads for every minute of music.

You guys need to fix this quick. I've just started looking into this and immediately found hoards of angry SoundCloud users who feel the same as I do. So many other services manage ads in a way that doesn't make you want to rip your ears and/or eyes out. You're at a point where people would rather pay money for a different service than use yours for free. Loyal fans feel betrayed and are abandoning ship because you guys got real greedy real fast.

Well, that's the end of my rant. I really hope it reaches the right ears because I'm about at my limit with these ads.
I used to choose this music platform over others because it was more creative and also had less ads. Now I notice that the ad rotation has increased significantly, to the point where I have to mute ads after every other song or so. It makes me feel like soundcloud users are losing another platform to the profit oriented mindset that permeates our current society and has led so many creatives to corrupt their original ideas and wishes. I hope it's going to get better again and not worse.
I've been listening to soundcloud for almost a year now. The reason why i speficically loved soundcloud is because i could listen to the same playlist on my phone or my computer.(conveniance basicly). But now. What do yall decide to do? Become better and add more reasons to use soundcloud? No. No. In the typing of this i have listened to two fucking reeces puffs commercials and 4 no smoking commercials. A i don't give a fuck about reeces puffs and i dont smoke. B WTF ARE YOU DOING. You are ruining the best platform for music out there rn because of straight greed. If you need more money actually use incentives or link it with discord or something idk but don't just make it impossible to go through your day with ads that you have to fucking close the browser because its soo cancerous. Welp looks like im back to creating custom playlist on youtube cuz fuck you soundcloud. If you fix it great. But looks like at least rn that im never going to use you. I have counted LITERALLY HOW MANY ADDS IM GETTING. I am getting 1 for every song i play. Thats 30 seconds of times where im screaming my head off that i hate soundcloud for roughly 2 minutes of calm peaceful calm. Please fix this.
From my experience, there is a way to completely bypass any ad on the pc version. Just reload the page as soon as the ad starts playing, and you should be golden. Been doing this for about 6 months and haven't heard more than a quick bleep of an ad before I reload the page and continue listening.
Userlevel 1
From my experience, there is a way to completely bypass any ad on the pc version. Just reload the page as soon as the ad starts playing, and you should be golden. Been doing this for about 6 months and haven't heard more than a quick bleep of an ad before I reload the page and continue listening.
This has actually worked very well, I think it might be the computer is stuck playing the same ad, so a simple refresh resets the ads. Refreshing has solved my problem 100% of the time, so I think it is just a little glitch. Hopefully it works for everyone else!
I just came here to complain about the exact same thing. I am a premiere subscriber and pay for this service, and I just got served the "go ads" listening to my OWN MUSIC. This is ridiculous. I pay to host my content so that my listeners don't have to get served ads or pay. If sound cloud is doing this "So that artists get paid" then why do the artists have to pay to host the content, and where's my check?
Hi there,

Please see here to learn why there are ads on SoundCloud in the first place: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003447287-Ads-on-SoundCloud-

For an ad free experience, you can upgrade to our SoundCloud Go or SoundCloud Go+ subscription. https://soundcloud.com/go

Cheers
Mathis

Mathis this is ridiculous. Artists like me pay soundcloud to host our content so that listeners don't have to get ads in the first place. I never agreed to let Soundcloud make ad revenue off my content and I did not join soundcloud to monetize my content in the first place.

If you make people pay a premium fee to host content, then you should not also force people to pay for Go to get an ad free experience. I will leave the service if this doesn't get fixed pronto.

From my experience, there is a way to completely bypass any ad on the pc version. Just reload the page as soon as the ad starts playing, and you should be golden. Been doing this for about 6 months and haven't heard more than a quick bleep of an ad before I reload the page and continue listening.This has actually worked very well, I think it might be the computer is stuck playing the same ad, so a simple refresh resets the ads. Refreshing has solved my problem 100% of the time, so I think it is just a little glitch. Hopefully it works for everyone else!

After doing this for a while, I don't think this is a glitch. I think it is more of an exploitation of the RNG algorithm. This is because, occasionally, when you switch to another song an ad will play on that song.
Userlevel 1
I love how the official reply is basically tough shit upgrade for no adds

I wish sites would stop slowly pulling this crap over time secretly pushing more ads and spamming more site filler even after complaints like theyre so sneaky so clever
though I know they understand they can get away with it since they have a large control over music related sites . . .
Userlevel 1
I just came here to complain about the exact same thing. I am a premiere subscriber and pay for this service, and I just got served the "go ads" listening to my OWN MUSIC. This is ridiculous. I pay to host my content so that my listeners don't have to get served ads or pay. If sound cloud is doing this "So that artists get paid" then why do the artists have to pay to host the content, and where's my check?
you'll get it when you have enough $ to force them to pay you fees
it's all manipulation and broken online systems my boy
not the only site that does this for extra cash
Userlevel 1
well then again any "free" site eventua;lly resorts to this crap to make enough money to pay for itself... then alittle extra on the side... then more extra- ect
Yeahthat truth tobacco now add crap doesn't do anything for a smoker's to be honest when I hear it I just want to light up another cigarette
soundcloud apperently think i smoke 100 cigars for 12 hours straight
for a music playing platform i shouldnt have this many ads between music and the ads themself are worse
these ads will

earrape you
shame you [for no reason?]
make you listen to dumb things
omg dude stop smoking specifically E CIGS you dumb shit [how would you know someone is smoking]
YEAH I KNOW U WANT THIS AD TO END YEAH IM SELFAWARE XD
get soundcloud pro to stop getting this message telling you to get soundcloud pro
hey did i tell you to stop smoking you would not beleive what i did to tim
*unnecessarily long ad for no reason*
get soundcloud go to stop getting this message telling you to get soundcloud go
A EPIDEMIC IS SPREADING WORLD WIDE TARGETING TEENAGERS btw this is just a vaping ad i just wanted to extend the time you hear this lol
I just want to say that I FUCKING HATE the ads!! they are SO shit! They are so repetitive! The same ad all the time.

Just put banner ads on the website. PLEASE!!
Or a sponsored ad in between tracks in the feed.

Side bar ads, banner ad at the top, sponsored ads in the stream!
This would not bother me.

I was once a paying user of SC, but my account got shut down for doing remixes (copyright), now with all these ads, I do not want to go back to being a paid subscriber.

I really loved this platform. Now its painful just to try and find new tracks in my feed

I get it, you need revenue to stay alive and ads bring that revenue in.

Fix the copyright issues, like youtube does it.
Do ads like other massive companies do it.

Rant over
Loyal fans feel betrayed and are abandoning ship because you guys got real greedy real fast.

Sounds about right.
I tried soundcloud go, and there is no real advantage. I allways loved this plataform to listen music. Now with the adds is just awful. And lets be onest if I have to pay to liste music I rather pay spotify than this.
Oh my god I get ads on the app that require me to watch a video. If I minimize the app, it stops the ad. ????? Soundcloud, you’re an AUDIO server. And I get ads after like a 2-minute song..
The reason why you guys are getting so many ads is because youve been using your account for a long time. Soundcloud's algorithm has determined that you're not going anywhere so they blast you with ads.
If you create a new account (which is a pain) then itll go back to 1 ad every 15-20 songs.
Userlevel 1
The reason why you guys are getting so many ads is because youve been using your account for a long time. Soundcloud's algorithm has determined that you're not going anywhere so they blast you with ads.
If you create a new account (which is a pain) then itll go back to 1 ad every 15-20 songs.

That is fucking slime ball and is also the reason I am logging out of my SC account forever. I have been here for years and have almost 10K likes/reposts. Fuck SC.
Userlevel 1
P.S. your sound quality is fucking trash
"Let's talk about noah! least year he was in a dead end job......."
FUCK NOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't give a shit about your fucking school (mycomputercareer.edu), and I never want to use your school because you bombarded EVERY SINGLE ADVERTISEMENT I heard on soundcloud for 3 MONTHS. worlds most annoying advertisement.

literally, the only reason I continue to use this service is because of the massive collection of music I have, but as I find a suitable replacement for soundcloud, I am moving to it. I could tolerate it if the ads were less frequent, and not the same 3 advertisements for like 2 months. I am going to say that if it's advertised on soundcloud, I am going to avoid using that product/service if I can. rework your algorithms. this has been an ongoing problem for years now, and you are losing people because of it.

Been a soundcloud user since 2012. Had a pro account for 2-3 years. I use soundcloud to listen to lesser known, niche, underground labels who very likely pay soundcloud to host all of their releases. Having to sit through ads every other track, from a label that’s already paying you for your services, is of poor taste. I understand the the previous business model wasn't as lucrative, but the current state of soundcloud seems to be causing an exodus towards other platforms, such as Bandcamp, which im now using more and more. 

soundcloud still has better functionalities than most other options when it comes to finding new artists and labels, but the barrage of ads I'm forced to listen to on the daily is starting to eclipse the greatness that once was.

im really hoping to see a change for the better.

Seeing how long this has been a problem is very disheartening.  I have been a SoundCloud user for a long time, and I have been putting up with ads for a long time too.  Today I noticed that I now get two ads in one go, as in two ads one after the other (picture below). On top of this a small pop up ad comes up immediately afterward.  The visual pop up I have no problems with, and I honestly think that visual ads are the way to go, since I don’t have to look at them if I don’t want to.  However, the fact that you have now decided that it is NECESSARY to put out 3 ads per ad break is ludicrous. If it really is to pay artists on SoundCloud then why aren’t my friends, who are producers on the platform, getting paid?  The truth is that you people are being consumed by greed. The best way to gain profit is, rather than shoving ads down our throats and simultaneously annoying everyone, give us INCENTIVE to pay for your platform. You already have the platform to do this with SoundCloud Go and SoundCloud Go+.  Add incentive to these subscriptions and eliminate ads for users or they, myself included, will leave your platform for better ones without a second thought. As much as I don’t want to I am getting ready to leave this platform for good. It would be in your best interest to take the advice of people on this forum and make your platform better.  Otherwise you won’t have any users left.

Two ads in a row.

I sincerely hope that this gets fixed.  SoundCloud was good platform for new and aspiring artists, but now it has become an advertising platform for anyone who doesn’t want to pay for subscription with no real benefits beyond not having ads.