Question

This track can't be played right now. Please try again later.

i am getting this error on every track now
This track can't be played right now. Please try again later.

This topic has been closed for comments

29 replies

I am having this issue as well
Yep.
i have same problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi all,

Apologies for the slip up. We've rolled out a fix, all should be good now!

-Gina
Fixed, thanks.
A track I just posted cannot be played because of this same issue.
Same. I'm currently using Chrome and the playlist gets stuck because one song won't load. It makes it very irritating to refresh the page every time that problem occurs. Please fix, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Same. I'm currently using Chrome and the playlist gets stuck because one song won't load. It makes it very irritating to refresh the page every time that problem occurs. Please fix, thanks.
Hi kiji,

Can you let us know which one is the track in question? Is this a persistent issue for you? Also, have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps to see if you can isolate the root cause or even sort this out?
Hi, I have the same issue, I uploaded a track 23 hours ago but I can't play it until now.
Please help me!
I have this same error, and have gone through the troubleshooting steps, PLEASE HELP
Hey guys I've been getting the same error on lots of tracks over the past couple of days , its also not showing all the people I follow on my followers page ,,, any ideas ?
Same. Just upgraded my account to unlimited so i should be able to post. SC is taking my money for a service that isn't working. Irritating
everybody elses music will play but none of my songs will play back someone help please
Cant play my own and most other tracks 😞 Its been 3 or 4 days now , I spend a lot of time on SC how am I supposed to share the love if I cant listen to tracks ?
I have 5 major playlists on my account 2 of them are not working. I'm getting this same error message, "This track can't be played right now. Please try again later." These playlists are embedded onto multiple courses and this is affecting our Midterms. Please help ASAP.
Having this issue right now... Track was uploaded, and shows up on my list of tracks but has been on "Track is being processed" for over an hour now, with the "This track can't be played right now" popup showing up as well. All other tracks seem fine, it's just my latest upload. Is this a known issue?
Hi all,

-Gina

i am having this same issue if you could help please
Having this issue right now... Track was uploaded, and shows up on my list of tracks but has been on "Track is being processed" for over an hour now, with the "This track can't be played right now" popup showing up as well. All other tracks seem fine, it's just my latest upload. Is this a known issue?
In the end I had to upload it again from scratch and delete the previous one... Thankfully SoundCloud uploading is so quick... oh wait...
Hi all,

-Gina

is your internet connection working?
A track I just posted cannot be played because of this same issue.
What same issue? I am having this playback problem !
Any luck finding out the issue?
Same here! I just recorded 2 amazing songs and I can't even listen to them!!!
If the upload gets slightly stuck, it's worth cancelling it and start over again, otherwise you're likely to get stuck again on this error... Which means I don't really fill in the song data when I upload it, cause it's likely I'll lose what I write. Easier to check it's gone through all right and then edit the metadata.
Hi all,

-Gina

Same problem... This track can't be played right now. What should I do?
Hi all,

-Gina

Hi Gina, I replaced a file on one of my songs. After replacing the file and getting the "uploaded successfully" notification, I tried to play the updated song and I got the message "This track can’t be played right now. Please try again later." I tried all of the troubleshooting instructions and I tried replacing the file again. nothing has worked, please help asap, it would be greatly appreciated! This track is completely original, it is impossible for it to be copyright infringement.

This is the track in question: https://soundcloud.com/tameloop/chronosynclastic