Question

This track can’t be played right now. Please try again later.

It is EVERYWHERE! PC, phone and tablet. Tried to play my tracks also embed at my site, they are unable to play too. Prolongs already about 2 monthes.
Just shows me a message " This track can’t be played right now. Please try again later." and that's all.
Links:
https://soundcloud.com/andwag
http://www.andwag.com/

20 replies

Not fixed, and I am getting sick and tired of you dragging your feet on fixing it. Do I have to wait 'till the second coming? DO you care?
Hello, same problem here with both firefox and chrome on Linux. Any solution?
I cannot play any song from my stream or my profile. for days.....
:?:?:?:?
Same problem. Can't play anything on linux.

CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
I am getting the same thing and i believe it is linked to the recent addition of the advertising block at bottom of page, where all the songs on my lists are being 'cycled' through to buffer the list, and the cycle keeps repeating. I believe this is causing the play function to be put on hold and the message "This track can’t be played right now. Please try again later." to be displayed hope someone on the project team fast-tracks a fix for this.
Cheers
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Jenry Johnson @humfinder please can you install 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly' (https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comments/35gtp8/fix_broken_html5_mp3_and_m4a_firefox_audio_in/?ref=share&ref_source=link). An mp3 decoder is needed in order for SoundCloud to work.

@Edward is this still happening for you?
Same problem. Linux here (derivate of Ubuntu), as well.
Still happening. It worked up until a point, probably before a software release. My decoders were working. Not anymore.
`
[xxxx@xxxxx ~]$ yum list gstreamer
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security
*Note* Spacewalk repositories are not listed below. You must run this command as root to access Spacewalk repositories.
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Installed Packages
gstreamer.x86_64 0.10.29-1.el6 @Red Hat Enterprise Linux/6.4
[xxxx@xxxx ~]$
`
Reinstalled google 'Chromium' - can't play tracks anymore-just that irritating message 'unable to play.....try again later' Tried to play in incognito mode-same deal. updated adobeflashplayer.updated Java. still nada. Any other suggestions?
Reinstalled google 'Chromium' - can't play tracks anymore-just that irritating message 'unable to play.....try again later' Tried to play in incognito mode-same deal. updated adobeflashplayer.updated Java. still nada. Any other suggestions? To be more clear: Had google chrome-having issues with it-whenever I try to do a search on it I get a weird looking code-like page full of black diamonds with question marks inside them along with numbers and letters-ok-uninstalled google chrome and installed chromium-added a speed dial to make it work easier-same issue with Soundcloud again-unable to play track right now try again later. anybody else ever have something similar? can Soundcloud people help on your end?
Userlevel 4
Badge
@ambientsphinx soundcloud currently won't work in chromium out of the box because of the missing mp3 support. Chrome is a supported browser though and should work. Please can you try installing chrome again and then rest it's settings: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
🆒🆒🆒:?:?
Reinstalled google 'Chromium' - can't play tracks anymore-just that irritating message 'unable to play.....try again later' Tried to play in incognito mode-same deal. updated adobeflashplayer.updated Java. still nada. Any other suggestions? To be more clear: Had google chrome-having issues with it-whenever I try to do a search on it I get a weird looking code-like page full of black diamonds with question marks inside them along with numbers and letters-ok-uninstalled google chrome and installed chromium-added a speed dial to make it work easier-same issue with Soundcloud again-unable to play track right now try again later. anybody else ever have something similar? can Soundcloud people help on your end?
ok Thank you for advice-triedI it out-though google chrome still gives me weird looking code page when I sign into it I can type in soundcloud address and get to my Soundcloud pages-seems to be working fine now. I read this weekend there was a DNS attack - wonder if that has something to do with google weirdness... Anyways thanks for your response-appreciated
i've been getting this: 'This track can’t be played right now. Please try again later.' for 3 days now (i hadn't been on for a bit).
Linux>Opera
seems ok in Chromium
Me too i couldn't play any song....
Example: https://soundcloud.com/raghdahassan/relaxing-music-instrumental-piano-flute-violin
Userlevel 4
Badge
hey @John Magdy when did this start happening? Or has it never worked for you before?

What browser version and OS are you using?

Thanks!
I've had this problem before so I'll chime in.

This is very likely to be an audio driver issue. Whatever audio output you're plugged into, try disconnecting and reconnecting the output source. Otherwise what I suggest is go to Device Manager and uninstall the problematic output source and reboot the computer. What should happen is that Device Manager would reinstall the driver for the said output source and set it back to the way it used to be.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
WintermintP

EDIT: Oh wait, it happens across multiple devices... I'm thinking it could be a track issue. Are you sure the track itself is not corrupt? Does it happen on other tracks as well? What about tracks from somebody else?
For people on ubuntu install ubuntu-restricted-extras package, restart firefox and the problem is gone !

For others I think this has to do with gstreamer. or libavcodec

good luck and good hearing 🙂