Question

Top Tracks Feature?

• 6 November 2019
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Folks,

Someone on the dev team thought it would be a fantastic idea to publish a UI change called top tracks!

This is generating complaints from our audience as they cannot locate new/latest content as easily.

Please give us an option in the control panel to disable “Top Tracks” - We’ll have to use a new platform if this cannot be resolved as we’re currently Pro users but we need to choose a platform where our latest content is the focus for the users.

24 replies

Userlevel 3

I’m with you, this feature is soooo annoying smh

Userlevel 1

Agreed. As a podcast, our regular audience need to locate our latest episodes. It is also important that our episodes are organised by date of release, but the Top Tracks feature has messed this up too (the “Top” tracks are missing from the rest of the library). 

As a Pro user, I am surprised that there is no option to disable this feature. Seems like very little thought has been given to how this might effect content such as podcasts. This feature needs to be made optional or I will be moving the podcast to a platform with more customization.

Userlevel 2

Absolutely agree with this. If any devs see this, PLEASE give us the option to turn it off. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Yes. It has ruined my page too. Also the choice of top tracks seems to be based purely on play count which has no correlation with quality. A lot of users get scam promo companies giving their first uploads a bunch of fake plays. A year or so later those are appearing as top tracks over better works that have had genuine activity.

Userlevel 2

This should be an option. I would like my new tracks heard before an arbitrary list of tracks over which I have no control. 

Userlevel 2

yup. not sure why the main thread about this got deleted…. Please make this removeable, devs!

Userlevel 1

Yes. It has ruined my page too. Also the choice of top tracks seems to be based purely on play count which has no correlation with quality. A lot of users get scam promo companies giving their first uploads a bunch of fake plays. A year or so later those are appearing as top tracks over better works that have had genuine activity.

It doesn’t seem to even correlate with the number of listens. My most listened tracks aren’t even in the top tracks.

Userlevel 1

Hey fools at Soundcloud Management, we aren’t all greedy suckas like you. We don’t need the most played tracks as clickbaits. Linear display was fine, it’s what people expect, it’s what people want.

Userlevel 2

It doesn’t seem to even correlate with the number of listens. My most listened tracks aren’t even in the top tracks.

Same here. The selection of “top tracks” is somewhat weighted towards those with the most plays, but not totally. It’s bothersome because people visiting a profile should hear the newest tracks first - which will most likely have less plays than older tracks.

Userlevel 1

Adding another voice to say that this feature is terrible for those who don’t want it– make the dang thing optional!!

Userlevel 1

I hate this feature I didnt ask for it - is there any way to get it off

At least make it optional?

Does any one know how to diable it

Userlevel 1

its ridiculous - i want newest tracks not top tracks which dont even corelate to the number of hits

Im a pro user who thinking if ditching this platform

come on devs - make it optional at the very least

Userlevel 2

I really hate “Top Tracks”

I need to turn off this feature.

It shows old tracks I do not like also give a bad impression of my works

Seriously! WTF souncloud? You had one job!

Userlevel 1

I really hate “Top Tracks”

I need to turn off this feature.

It shows old tracks I do not like also give a bad impression of my works

Yeah, I don’t like the “Top Tracks” too. Why not have there only the “Spotlight” option which works great?

Userlevel 1

These “Top Tracks” need to be optional (i.e. turn them on or off). It’s a very bad feature!!!

Userlevel 1

SoundCloud, please give us the option to disable “Top Tracks” as soon as possible!  Thank you!

Userlevel 1

I want to turn off that “Top Tracks” nonsense. You are taking away control of my profile and I have payed you to have that control (Pro User). If I want to top something I would use Spotlight.

So stop beeing silly.

Thank you.

Best regards,

M.

Userlevel 1

of all the things that could be improved on Soundcloud (and there are maaany) this is by far the the most senseless one. Why introduced Spotlight, giving the producer control over what gets seen first, only to introduce Top Tracks which completely contradicts the idea of Spotlight? 

at least give us the possibility to opt-out ffs.

Userlevel 2

Agreed with author!

Agree please make this feature optional, is not really helping anyone.

Userlevel 3

Two different labels I’m involved with have said they are getting almost zero response to new releases since you started this feature. Some people are deleting all their older tracks or making them private as a workaround. Please don’t have it as the default setting.

remove this please.

We need to be able to get this issue to devs and management, I don’t think they are actively tracking this forums. I sent them a message on twitter and directly, I suggest everyone do the same.