Question

Tracks don't show up under search results next to my profile name

When I search for my profile, "Bound Beats", its the second result to come up which is great except there are not tracks next to my name in the search results, like I see others have. It only shows my name and icon picture. How do you get the tracks to show up on the search results page next to my name? Thanks for your help!!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Sorry for the confusion! The drop down menu that appears as soon as you start typing in the search bar works a little differently from the normal search results that appear after you hit "enter." Instead of actually searching for the term that you are typing, the drop down menu is a "fuzzy suggester," which looks at the most common search terms and matches them with some of our most popular accounts and sounds. It also tries to anticipate possible typos. Since it can only suggest 5 possible results, the sound or account you're looking for may not immediately appear. But once you actually hit enter, you should see the results you're looking for.

Our search then relies on an algorithm called ‘Discoranking’ (which stands for “Discovery Ranking”) which returns the most popular results first. Discoranking pulls the search results based upon a variety of variables including the wording of your search and the popularity of profiles.

Each track and artist has a "DiscoRank" that is calculated by a wide variety of factors. These factors include, but are not limited to; the number of likes, reposts, and followers associated with specific tracks and accounts. Not only does the number of your own followers give you a higher DiscoRank-- we also consider how many followers your followers have and so on. The more “influential” the network of followers you are associated with, the higher your DiscoRank will be. As you can imagine, this network could go on forever!

All of these factors work together to give the most popular and relevant results for a search.

I hope this allows you to understand the search results you're seeing more comprehensively.

All the best
Mathis
My Name does show up in the search results, but there are none of my tracks next to my name like I see next to other's icon. How do I set it up so that my tracks come up along with my profile name/icon when someone searches "Bound beats"
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
My Name does show up in the search results, but there are none of my tracks next to my name like I see next to other's icon. How do I set it up so that my tracks come up along with my profile name/icon when someone searches "Bound beats"
Hey there,

Hmm, there is nothing you need to do from your end. The search can be filtered - only when you search for "Everything", it is possible that your track will show straight away. However, note that due to the discoranking taking into account a range of criteria, this is not guaranteed.