Question

Tracks won't play in Russia

• 30 January 2017
  • 17 replies

Hello! Website itself works fine but hitting play results in not playing. The odd thing is when i'm using vpn, music plays fine. I'm from Russia myself and i know a few people who live here too and having the same problem. First time i noticed this issue was like 20 hours ago.

17 replies

update:
issue solved
Not really, still having the same problem and I'm from Russia too.
Same problem. Russia:(
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Jacob SB - what did you do in order to solve this issue?

We haven't heard from any other users in Russia that playback isn't working, so the fact that you two are having and issue with playback might be a coincidence - have you tried our basic troubleshooting steps? (Clear cache & cookies, disable third party extensions, try a different browser)?
Hey. I'm from Russia. through opera vpn work without it there
Doesn't work for me too. Tried Chrome and IE. But some tracks are still can be played
have you tried our basic troubleshooting steps? (Clear cache & cookies, disable third party extensions, try a different browser)?
Yes I did, I tried clearing cache and cookies in my main browser (Chrome 55), also tried Microsoft Edge and Firefox.
Same result.
not playing too.. just buffering and nothing happend..
clean coockies and everything..
Browser Chrome 😞
I have that problem too. Plays keep buffering and that's all. Tried to clean cache and cookies.
I have that problem too. =(
iMac + Chrome \ Safari
@Jacob SB - what did you do in order to solve this issue?
@Mathis - Nothing, play button suddenly started working yesterday. I was listening music. Then today it stopped again. I just followed all troubleshooting steps from here:

http://listenanddiscover.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2165769-unable-to-play-tracks

and they didn't help. But when i'm turning on proxifying (Netherlands), music plays fine. It might be a connection problem (i live in Novosibirsk btw). Could you please give me the music stream ip address to tracert?
I'm from Russia and I've same problem. I use Google Chrome. I tried to use all basic troubleshooting steps but didn't get any result.
Problem was solved without my help. But yesterday it was same situation.
I confirm, everything is working right now.
its work! What was that??
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hey there,

If you are still experiencing the issue, we would really appreciate it if you could send the following information (the more the better) so we can identify the source of the issue and hopefully fix it:

• First things first, try playing a track, any track from SoundCloud. If it fails, open your browser's developer tools under the Console tab ("web console" or "javascript console" according to the browser you are using)
• Refresh the page, try playing the track again, now take a screenshot of your screen (including as much of the console tab as possible)
• Now please do the same but for the "Network" tab of your browser's developer tools
• As per the gif linked below, please go to soundcloud.com, refresh the page, then select any element in the Network tab and save an HAR file from that
• Please try playing this track and let us know if you can play it fine or not: https://soundcloud.com/because/jane-birkin-beth-gibbons-strange-melody
• Finally, please let us know the make and model of the computer/device you are experiencing the issue on, your browser version and extensions. Do you notice similar issues with other websites (if so which ones?)

Link to GIF: http://gph.is/2jVY90c

Hoping this will help us get to the bottom of it soon, thanks to anyone who will contribute in helping us investigate.

Cheers,
Jonathan.
I have a problem at the moment was gone