Answered

Trying to delete old notifications from my acct. So far, I haven't found an answer.

• 21 September 2015
  • 1 reply

Hey to the Yo,

I have some notifications that have been up for longer than usual.... way longer. Usually, the notifications clear out within a couple of days, or until other notifications just push them down the list - but I am tired of seeing the same notifications day in and day out.

• I know this is cloud technology and once it's in the cloud, whatever whatever blah blah blah... but I want to believe that an option exists to remove old, unwanted notifications and not have them stare me in the face every time I want to check out new activity on my page.
I would appreciate any help on this matter. I have read several threads regarding this issue and so far, I haven't seen one helpful answer. It kind of seems that SC employees would rather defend their company than help customers (especially ones who pay for the Pro Plan every year...<ahem>).

Thanks SC community.

- Mike
XOpath
icon

Best answer by Gina 22 September 2015, 09:47

Hi XO,

By notifications, do you mean the red dot that shows up on top of your profile to indicate that you have a new notification? We had a site wide issue related to this before. Do you know what caching is? Basically your browser is hanging on to old data instead of registering new information aka you already read the message? I'm not trying to "defend the company" but since it's not happening for me and i'm not overwhelmed with similar posts then I have to assume this is local to you.

If it is the non disappearing red dot, can you open up your profile while on incognito mode or in another browser? Let me know how that goes.

-Gina
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi XO,

By notifications, do you mean the red dot that shows up on top of your profile to indicate that you have a new notification? We had a site wide issue related to this before. Do you know what caching is? Basically your browser is hanging on to old data instead of registering new information aka you already read the message? I'm not trying to "defend the company" but since it's not happening for me and i'm not overwhelmed with similar posts then I have to assume this is local to you.

If it is the non disappearing red dot, can you open up your profile while on incognito mode or in another browser? Let me know how that goes.

-Gina