Answered

unable to navigate to the middle of certain tracks

• 8 November 2015
  • 31 replies

I an unable to navigate to the middle of certain tracks in soundcloud. The issue is inconsistent - some are ok but others aren't.

I can play the track from the start but am unable to move / fast forward to the centre of the track. It is only happening in certain tracks but is happening in different browsers and operating systems (Windows / Chrome & Mac / Safari). I have tried logging out and resetting the browser (safari) but that doesn't seem to work. One of the tracks it was happening on plays fine in Firefox. Obviously I can switch browsers to be able to navigate through the tracks but I have my favourites and don't want to do this if there is a simple reset option or something I can do?

Is there anything else that I can try and reset / cache to clear for the browsers / flash player for that browser?

EDIT - I just wanted to add that this only starting happening on Friday (Nov 6th).
icon

Best answer by Mathis 9 November 2015, 23:38

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for reporting this here and providing details on what browser you're using. We've reached out to our engineers and they are currently looking in to this issue already. It is indeed limited to the current version of Safari, so the root cause has been narrowed down to some extent already.

We'll make sure to update this convo once we hear back from the engineers.

All the best
Mathis
View original

31 replies

I have the same problem unfortunately I have not been able to find a solution either after searching google for it hope it self fixes but I am also using safari..
I've just reinstalled flash and reset safari again - still happening.
when did it start for you Anthony?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

I'm not seeing similar reports. Is this happening in Incognito mode for the both of you?

-Gina
I'm also experiencing this problem! It's safari only, in chrome it works. Problems started last saturday.
problems started for me about the same time but I haven't tested it with any other browser but I am using safari and it is not working on a handful of songs. Also it is not working in incognito or "private" mode either
I'm having the same issue. It doesn't seem to happen on Chrome, but I'd like to stick with Safari, since Safari handles the CPU usage better than Chrome does when using SoundCloud.
I'm also seeing this on Safari 9.0.1 on OS X 10.11.1. The particular track where it's broken for me is: https://soundcloud.com/k-pra-mica/nicolas-jaar-boiler-room-nyc
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

Thanks for reporting this here and providing details on what browser you're using. We've reached out to our engineers and they are currently looking in to this issue already. It is indeed limited to the current version of Safari, so the root cause has been narrowed down to some extent already.

We'll make sure to update this convo once we hear back from the engineers.

All the best
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't interact with the wave form bar at all.

I cant click on the waveform bar at all to go to a point in a track
just wanted to add that I checked chrome / windows today and I can navigate through the track - I was just not getting the orange play bar appearing (which seems to have been noted & fixed elsewhere) - I still have the problem with Safari though - Apologies for the confusion.
The orange play bar is still missing here with Chrome on Win 7.
So I have no visual idea where I'm up to when listening to a song.

UPDATE: seems ok in Internet Explore on Win 7 but no good in Chrome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
just wanted to add that I checked chrome / windows today and I can navigate through the track - I was just not getting the orange play bar appearing (which seems to have been noted & fixed elsewhere) - I still have the problem with Safari though - Apologies for the confusion.
Hey hey,

Thanks for the heads up on that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi,

This was recently an issue under Chrome & Firefox, however turned out to be something that needed to be fixed on their ends. This has now been done, I believe they both have released an updated version of their browsers, so once you update to the newest version of Chrome and / or Firefox, you should be good to go.

As for Safari, it is basically the other way around - their most recent update has broken things, so that our engineers are investigating this, but it is a separate issue.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Mathis

Well I have version 46.0.2490.80 m of Chrome (the latest) and it is not ok I'm afraid 🙂
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled safari will not play soundcloud files.

since quite a while now I cannot get soundcloud to play any file. I can click on play, it pretends to kinda load up but then is stuck there forever. I tried restarts, I removed any extension I had, I tried with and without power saving in the prefs and I also deleted cache often. Nada. I cancelled my pro account just to see if that would help - it didn't, but it's no good anyway anymore for me. Ah, yes, I googled left and right, alas, didn't help either. I'm on a Macbook Pro, latest on Yosemite 10.10.5.
Is there anybody out there....knowing or guessing what's going on? Any help very much appreciated!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't click a place in the track in Safari on Mac.

Can't click a place in the track in Safari on Mac
I have the same problem as Alex also a question for Alex and anyone else that has this same problem. sometimes when i am not on the soundcloud tab when a song ends it will not start the next track does anyone else have this problem?
I will start a new thread on this as to not crowd this one
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I will start a new thread on this as to not crowd this one
Hi Anthony,

Please leave this conversation in one place. This way, when we have a fix it goes out to all affected users :)

Thanks!
Gina
Okay well I am having problems when I am on a different tab the songs that I can't skip into will not start automatically in a playlist when I am not on the soundcloud tab.
I am using Win 10 and the orange play bar is still missing with Chrome ( Versie 46.0.2490.86 m) . Firefox and Edge are oke
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I am using Win 10 and the orange play bar is still missing with Chrome ( Versie 46.0.2490.86 m) . Firefox and Edge are oke
Hi jopie56, this issue is discussed here and should be fixed in an upcoming Chrome browser version.
Same problem here in Safari on Mac os 10.11. Can't skip ahead (or back) in a track.
I always wonder how it's possible for something so bad to happen in one update. Aren't any of the software engineers using a mac (with safari)?
One update everything is fine, and in the next update suddenly lots of stuff goes wrong.

I hope testing of new updates will become more thorough in the future.
Has this problem been deemed corrected/fixed as of Dec 3? Because, I am still having the problem of being unable to skip/jump forward through tracks.
having the same problem as Paul